BMW Werkz banner

E39 V50 phone

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ming_media 
#1 ·
Hi Forum
I have a 2002 525td with built in Motorola V50 phone, it did work fine, car has been off the road for 2 months after the swirl valves broke up and knackered valves and turbo.
Now car is wonderful again like before, except the phone. It charges up in the house and works great till I connect it in the car, then it instantly goes off.
Is there something obvious I,m missing, dont understand why the cable from the armrest should switch the phone off.
Any help or ideas would be great

#8 ·
Hi, Grahamwalker or anyone else who knows the answer? I have the same problem with my BMW V50 phone, it is switched off once it is connected to the cable in the armrest phone cradle. Did you find the solution to this problem? Or anyone knows the answer. (I also noted that the phone's battery charges fine when I drive although other functions are off. I also noted that the phone will not switched off if I do not turn on the Comms Pack system -SAT NAV. The phone is swicthed off only when I turn on the Comms Pack system).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.