E39 Questions - Clear Corners, Fender Roll, Etc. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SnidelyWhip is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Talking

Hi -

My first, err, maybe second post after lurking for about a week and reading as many threads as possible on as many topics as possible.

I'm in the process of doing some mods to my 2003 E39 Sport, and came across the Pinnacle Performance website. They sell the Depo Clear Corners for my E39. Can anyone vouch for their ease of installation and/or longevity?? I currnetly have the OEM halogens with angel eyes, but my car has the clear sidemarkers and clear tails. I am interested in completing the "clear" marker theme on my car. Any information, comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

On another note, my car is going in next week for a Dinan S1 package including CAI, exhaust, engine and transmission software upgrades, etc. I will be further enhancing it with 19" Mille Miglia EV-Rs and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in the next couple of weeks. I'm currently also trying to decide whether to have my rear fenders rolled in order to accomodate a 275/30YR-19 in the rear. From the posts I have read here and elsewhere, these tires will rub without at least the fender roll. I'm hoping I don't have to change to M5 fender linings as well...

I'll defiinitely be taking some pics as the car progresses and the weather gets better. In the meantime, I'll continue to lurk and learn on this most informative forum.

Regards,

SnidelyWhiplash

P.S. I guess I will post a picture of my car after all. This is it just after I got it, bone stock...

Mods so far:

* OEM BMW rear wing with LED 3rd brake light
* Hardwired Passport 8500 with in-dash LEDs and mute button
* 55% tint on all the side windows, 35% tint on the rear window,
* 2 JL Audio 12W6 subs in a custom box with a 3/4" plexi window w/red neon
* 1 JL Audio 500/1 amp,
* 5 microfarad cap (forgot the name)
* a bunch of dynamat.

More pics to follow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snidely03_med.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	18487   Click image for larger version

Name:	snidely04_med.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	18488  

2003 Sterling Gray/Black 540i/6
• Dinan S1 Package • StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade • UUC EVO3 SSK w/DSSR • CDV Delete • Hella OEM Smoked Tails and Clear Corner Xenons • 55/35 Madico Onyx Tint • CF M5 Kidneys • 2 JL Audio 12W6 subs • JL Audio 500/1 Amp • Alumapro 5 Farad Cap • OEM Sirius Satellite Radio & Dension ice>Link:Plus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 07:45 PM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eric S. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SnidelyWhip@Mar 15 2005, 03:08 PM
Hi -

My first, err, maybe second post after lurking for about a week and reading as many threads as possible on as many topics as possible.

I'm in the process of doing some mods to my 2003 E39 Sport, and came across the Pinnacle Performance website. They sell the Depo Clear Corners for my E39. Can anyone vouch for their ease of installation and/or longevity?? I currnetly have the OEM halogens with angel eyes, but my car has the clear sidemarkers and clear tails. I am interested in completing the "clear" marker theme on my car. Any information, comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

On another note, my car is going in next week for a Dinan S1 package including CAI, exhaust, engine and transmission software upgrades, etc. I will be further enhancing it with 19" Mille Miglia EV-Rs and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in the next couple of weeks. I'm currently also trying to decide whether to have my rear fenders rolled in order to accomodate a 275/30YR-19 in the rear. From the posts I have read here and elsewhere, these tires will rub without at least the fender roll. I'm hoping I don't have to change to M5 fender linings as well...

I'll defiinitely be taking some pics as the car progresses and the weather gets better. In the meantime, I'll continue to lurk and learn on this most informative forum.

Regards,

SnidelyWhiplash

P.S. I guess I will post a picture of my car after all. This is it just after I got it, bone stock...

Mods so far:

* OEM BMW rear wing with LED 3rd brake light
* Hardwired Passport 8500 with in-dash LEDs and mute button
* 55% tint on all the side windows, 35% tint on the rear window,
* 2 JL Audio 12W6 subs in a custom box with a 3/4" plexi window w/red neon
* 1 JL Audio 500/1 amp,
* 5 microfarad cap (forgot the name)
* a bunch of dynamat.

More pics to follow!
[snapback]311996[/snapback]
Snidely -

I noticed that no one has responded to your post, and I don't know enough to help you out, but I saw your '03 and want to say it is a sweet-looking ride! Am wondering how you added the sub/amp. Do you have the stock stereo? I do, and don't want to remove it, but I wish it had more balls. Please share with me how you did the mod whenever you get a chance, and I hope someone else reponds to your inquiry that can help YOU!!

<span style='colorurple'>Eric S.</span>
2006 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES
2006 Honda Accord V6 EX-L Sedan
1999 BMW 540i 6-Speed (Sold to M3UOND on 9/21/06)
1991 Honda Civic Si - Occasional Beater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)