e39 Cruise control cuts out - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 03:13 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mt84106 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
e39 Cruise control cuts out

I have a 98 540i ac schnitzer and the cruise has started to cut out after a few minutes. I found another post on this site with the same issue and one response suggested to check the passenger side vanity mirror light. Sounds odd but I did it and to my amazement, my stereo went out when I turned the vanity light on. I went through and cleaned all the connections and grounds as suggested. I also have a new battery. I still have this issue. Any more suggestions as to what it may be? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
you sure you cleaned(and i mean SCRUBED the heck out of) all the grouds buy taking the apart and scrubbing every thing withe a wire brush so there is NO corrosion?

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 04:33 PM
n00b

mt84106 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
540i possessed

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I went through all grounds as suggested and sanded them good and clean with sand paper. Now, it seems I have more crazy things going on. I recieved an error message the other night to check "trailer lights"? I didn't know I had trailer lights. My little airbag light on the instrument panel stays on. I also pressed the cd track advance button on the steering wheel and the stereo started to scan through all the tracks and would not stop. The stereo wouldn't turn off. It was froze in this scanning position. I had to turn the vanity mirror light on to shut down the stereo. At which time the stereo shut off but all my dome lights come on except the one for the mirror. Any ideas? My next step may be an exorcism. Know a good Priest?
#4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 AM
n00b

loping is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt84106 View Post
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I went through all grounds as suggested and sanded them good and clean with sand paper. Now, it seems I have more crazy things going on. I recieved an error message the other night to check "trailer lights"? I didn't know I had trailer lights. My little airbag light on the instrument panel stays on. I also pressed the cd track advance button on the steering wheel and the stereo started to scan through all the tracks and would not stop. The stereo wouldn't turn off. It was froze in this scanning position. I had to turn the vanity mirror light on to shut down the stereo. At which time the stereo shut off but all my dome lights come on except the one for the mirror. Any ideas? My next step may be an exorcism. Know a good Priest?
omg haha thats the best im so taking that from you lol. Thats amzing. anyways i have been having the same problem ill be driving down the street and poof my headlights would dim and my heater would stop working kinda * bogg down* but the one cool thing is that i think i know one of your problems. ha ive recently replaced my water pump. and it's 50 bucks at the autozone where i live. and now i dont have to replace the water every 2-4 days or even less all depends on how much it sets. cuz the pressure haha but anyways i think that would be one of your problems also noticed that when i had a bad water pump i could put my car in reverse and had minior problems cant realy explain fully but dont want to keep typing unless i get a repost or a im or email from you it's spazman1990@gmail.com or spazman1990@hotmail.com or yahoo is spazman_1976@yahoo.com or PM me on here ill post any info we talk about on the fourms so other people will know what to do. thanks later names joseph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)