BMW Werkz banner

e39 car phone

13K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  rashid 
#1 ·
Hi! does anybody have an original e39 car phone and does it really work
nowadays?

Saw some e39 phones on ebay and all of them are not working. Just for show i guess but would be nice to actually make it work. I would even go to the distance of putting it on even on pre-paid. just as long its functional.

Any help/suggestions pls..

Thanks and Regards to all

Jericho

#2 ·
I have "two" E39's, 530i-2002 & both of them having an original e39 car phone and both of them are working till date. The first one uses DECT handset from Siemens behind the GSM & the second one is having Motorola V50 integrated. The best thing I like in them is the voice recognition for dialing by name or number.

#5 ·
#7 ·
If you have the slot in the trunk Im 99% sure it will work read this:

E38 Sim Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody i am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I'm driving a 97 E38 and i had quite the same problem as yours.
So I found that the 97 E38 has actually 2 SIM card slots one under your telephone in the center console and one in the trunk(on the left of the cd changer and the navigation module
there is another opening you can't miss it,deep inside there is the second sim card reader (i think it illuminats in red but i'm not sure)).
So the difference is that the slot in the cockpit wont read nowadays sims this means you have to put the sim in the slot in the trunk.
The phone reads only one of the sim cards so if you have one in the cockpit you can't put another in the back.
You don't have to search for credit card sized sim as they still sell your little sim in a credit card size before you strap it off.
I don't know if i helped someone of you as this is my first post in this forum but if you have something to ask don't bother,Bye Bye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.