BMW Werkz banner

e39 aircon question

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  billB 
#1 ·
Hi folks i just bought a uk 535i e39 i have a question about the aircon the heater works fine and so does the cool air but when i press the aircon button nothing happens the light lights up,no strange noises are evident but the fan still blows cool air same as without the aircon turned on.i have checked the refridgerant and it is ok the light illuminates but no cold air .is there any tests i can preform to determine what the problem is i do notice a slight momentary dip in the revs when i press the button.

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to our forum

Have someone turn the AC ON for you while you look at the compressor to see if it engages.....the change in you RPM indicates it does...but make sure of that...plus your electrical fan ought to turn and you will hear it...I mean it is loud!

Also UP in the middle of your dash between the two vents, there is a wheel make sure it is turned all the way showing the three blue dots.....

regards
billb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.