BMW Werkz banner

E39 ABS ECU / parts suitability

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  miro1969 
#1 ·
hi, new here so please go easy with me!

i recently bought an e39 which was having issues with the asc/abs/speedo, knowing full well that it was a problem with the abs ecu.
i sent it off to get refurbished but had no success.

i need to get this sorted but just cant seem to source the right part.
my ecu part number is 0265 900 001
ive seen plenty of abs ecu's for sale on ebay and elsewhere, but none match my part number.

my question is fairly straight forward, are any of these parts interchangeable?
i really dont want to shell out a lot of cash for a new OEM part

cheers for reading :)

#3 ·
Hey Subway! Help For You!

Hey I Saw Your Thread And Couldnt Help But Reply, I Also Had Theese Typical E39 Or (bosch 5.7) Module Issues, The Places I Contacted Were Incredibly High Priced For A Replacement Of This Module- I Found "module Master" Online And They Repaired My Module Impecably! I Simply Plugged It In Fastened The 6 -star Screws And All Lights Went Out! No Issues For A Quarter Of The Price New, Also They Send The Repaired Unit Back With A 5-year Warranty On Their Work! Cant Say Enough Good About Them A+++ Work! Msg Me If You Need Their # Or Any Other Questions- Hope This Helps You.

#4 ·
thanks for both the replies.
in relation to the repair, mine has already been in, but unfortunately is irreparable.

in terms of the parts, from realoem i believe its 34516756341 which is the pump and ecu.
mine is 34516756340, but isnt listed
in the real world its available as multiple different numbers. a full list is here - BMW 520/525/530/730 (E39) ABS Pump/Module ECU Bosch 5.7 0265223001 / 0265900001 - London - Adzooks.co.uk

i can find some of the different ecus on ebay or in breakers, but the price varies a lot.
id like to get a cheap one, as its likely its gonna need reconditoning sooner or later.
would anyone know if i have to stick to the one ive got or can substitute it with one of the others?

#5 ·
you sure it is not 970114 0 265 900 001? thsi is part number I have for ABS control module o my E39.

I had similar problems expect speedo.
my symptoms were.. ABS/ASC work fine until engine reaches its proper operational temperature, then both ABS/ACS lights come on, however no issue with speedo.
Checked speed sensors were fine.
Was advised to replace/rebuild ABS module.
Have just sendit off to autoecu.com for rebuild. Kinda waiting to get it back to see if the problem will go away.
After having discussion with technician he said it is possible that some of the soldering may be getting loose in the module when heated up(module is mounted next to the enginee). I hope once I will get rebuid module the problem will go away.
Will let you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.