BMW Werkz banner

e39 528i

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kman 
#1 ·
me my dad and my mom went to go look at a 97 528i my moms friend is selling last night. it looks real flawless theres one dent i saw on the hood and it was smaller then a dime. i didnt get to drive it and i forgot to ask how many miles were on it. but im going back on saturday to drive it and check it out more. the girl wants to sell it for 9000$. it look to have under 100000 miles on. its a good deal right? is there anything i should watch out for with one of these?

#3 ·
umm.. ok... that's an okay deal
what to look for --- ask her what she had replaced and if she got prove
there are many problems with 5-er ... the most annoying are the cupholders - they always break
ask her if she replaced the radiator connection -- it's plastic, and it always cracks and destroys everything under your hood
basically, bmw will work as well as you take care of it ... if you do -- it'll be awesome, if you don't -- it'll break

also, for me, as i own a 5-er too and enjoy driving it every time, make sure that 5-er has sports package --- how to tell? look at the wheels... if they are 17'', it's a sports. if 15" = not worth it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.