BMW Werkz banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

e34-OBC/immobilizer/aftermarket keyless entry

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
hey,
I have a 1989 525i and I was wondering if there was a immobilizer inside the key. I know about the OBC immobilizer( I have the OBC not the clock) and was wondering if that would interfere with an aftermarket keyless entry. I don't have to enter the code everytime I start the car.

so in short
I want to buy a non-oem keyless entry/ alarm unit and was wondering if the obc immobilizer (even though it is not active, I never use it) would have to be bypassed or something like that in order for my new keyless entry unit to function properly

#2 ·
Nope the 5-series didnt have them until after the E34 body. I've installed two differetn remote start/keyless/alarm systems in mine and no extra module to buy, and no troubles. They are fairly simple to install on. Hope that helps...

#6 ·
Thanks again :)
Reason I asked is because I just purchased this car... It's in rough shape:( some of the underbody is rusted out, rotors and pads need to be replaced, and it has a blown head gasket. Ahh well, shes going to be down until april or may. I learned my lesson either pay for a BMW up front or pay for it at the garage :D NO worries though Im not giving upon her that easy

#7 ·
There is a great bunch of guys/gals 'round these parts, and will gladly help if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.