BMW Werkz banner

E34 Colour Scheme

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cadoc 
#1 ·
I need to find the correct colour paint for my '92 520i. Can anyone point me in the right direction, e.g. website etc.. ? (It's a kind of metallic light blue).
I always thought that the colour scheme would be on a plate under the bonnet - if so, whereabouts because I can't find it ?
Thanks.

#4 ·
Originally posted by maci4life@Jan 21 2005, 01:40 PM
i think i saw mine ( 1990 ) on the right hand side of the engine (passenger side)where the strut mount isit's tucked in there, but in german.  mines diamond black.  you'll see the sticker there some where i think.
[snapback]276122[/snapback]​
yup. it's a black plate that will say BMW-Color name in german.

like mine says, BMW-Schwarz etc.

#6 ·
Originally posted by hpacc@Jan 21 2005, 01:57 PM
you can also call a bmw dealer and give them your vin. they can look up the paint, interior, options, etc. that your car had when it was new.

i got a tube of touch up paint at bmw for $7.

good luck.
[snapback]276127[/snapback]​
7 ? damn i paid like 18 for mine :blink:

#7 ·
Originally posted by Torque+Jan 21 2005, 06:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torque @ Jan 21 2005, 06:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-maci4life@Jan 21 2005, 01:40 PM
i think i saw mine ( 1990 ) on the right hand side of the engine (passenger side)where the strut mount isit's tucked in there, but in german.  mines diamond black.  you'll see the sticker there some where i think.
[snapback]276122[/snapback]​
yup. it's a black plate that will say BMW-Color name in german.

like mine says, BMW-Schwarz etc.
[snapback]276126[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Yes and that will be #3 or #8 on the diagram above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.