BMW Werkz banner

e34 520i M50 Will not start Please Hellllllp :-(

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mr-Dee 
#1 ·
last Wednesday I fitted a new Water pump, all was fine and cool, 2 days later I went to the car and it just would not start, not even try !! just turns over and over and over, had been perfect the night before when I parked it
I posted my predicament on another BMW forum for help which led me down a path where I am none the wiser, and Im really hoping someone can help me here, been without a car for over a week now :-(

Things I was told to look at . . . Fuel Pump, Fuel Pump Relay, Crankshaft Sensor, was also suggested I inspect the crankshaft sensor as it is right by the water pump I had changed a couple of days before, seemed logical

I was told that to test the crankshaft sensor I should see around 540 ohms across pins 1 and 2 and nothing on the 3rd pin as its a screen
I checked mine and my reading were nothing like those readings and thought woohoooo I found the problem :) so I orderred a new replacement which arrived today, the weird thing is I checked the new one before fitting it and it gave EXACTLY the same readings as my old one ! either my old one is fine and was given the wrong info, or I have a faulty new one which happens to give EXACTLY the same readings as my old one hmmmmmm

So fitted the new one anyway and did some tests, with my multimeter on the fuel pump supply plug I get 12 volts on it for a couple of seconds and then it drops out as the engine does not start
I am now at a complete loss and really hoping someone can guide me in the right direction

Any help or advice would be most most most appreciated

Thankyou guys

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.