Join Date: Mar 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
| Originally posted by Wade6923@May 3 2005, 03:51 PM |
97 540i cant find the E Box
| Originally posted by Eric S.+May 4 2005, 03:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eric S. @ May 4 2005, 03:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Wade6923@May 3 2005, 03:51 PM |
97 540i cant find the E Box
| Originally posted by Wade6923+May 5 2005, 07:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wade6923 @ May 5 2005, 07:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> |
Wade, your E39 1997 5-series is very different from the E34 the person above was referencing.
My 1999 E39 is very similar to your car, and I just replaced my windshield wiper relay. It is easy. Here is what you do:
1. In the engine compartment, all the way back by the firewall and at the base of the windshield, you have a cabin air filter box on each side of the car. Using a screwdriver, dislodge the three airtube clips from the passenger side box (right side of the box as you are standing looking at it from the front of the car).
2. Unclip/lift the wire bail holding the lid on, remove the lid, and remove the cabin air filter (consider replacing this filter).
3. At the front of the box, centered, but at the bottom is a spring clip holding the box onto a short threaded rod. Squeeze the spring and pull up on the clip and box to free the box. Remove the box from the car.
4. Now you should be able to see the plastic top of the e-box. You'll need a 5mm hex key to loosen and remove all 4 socket head cap screws holding it on. Be patient, the threads are fine and it requires a bit of turning.
5. Remove the box top. Underneath are a bunch of relays and stuff. In my case, the w/w relay was the tallest one, tan in color. It simply lifted out. The new one was in stock at my BMW dealer and was under $15.
6. Good luck to you! It should be about a 10 minute job.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help Needed!!!!!!||chrismcl05||3-Series (E36)||7||10-04-2005 12:05 PM|
|Weird Shifting Between 2nd And 3rd||ozarkmark||5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)||15||09-21-2005 08:11 PM|
|E36 m3 sagging glovebox. Fixed. Mostly.||4evrwyntr||3-Series (E36)||9||09-11-2005 11:36 PM|
|AIR BOX DEBAFFLE *help please*||White e36 dude||3-Series (E36)||6||09-10-2005 03:17 PM|