BMW Werkz banner

Door Lock Problem, Please Help!!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DWNG715 
#1 ·
:cry

Got a 1990 525i (e34), I cannot unlock my driver side door with the keys from outside. I can lock but I cannot unlock. It seems like the pin would not pop up all the way to unlock the door. Of all the doors it can go wrong...the drive side goes out.

Do you guys how to fix this or know of a honest bmw mechanic around the 90034 or West LA area???

I do not want to bring it to the dealer, please help!!!!

:wtf

#2 ·
You may need to take the door panel off and check the locking mechanism...

The shop I take my car to is located in lomita (Torrance area)
26122 S Western ave
Lomita Ca 90717
310-326-1034

Call them... Tell them "the guy with the white 540" gave you their number. His name is Joe. They may be able to solve the problem over the phone. these are really good people!

LOS

#3 ·
Originally posted by LOS@Oct 24 2004, 07:55 PM
You may need to take the door panel off and check the locking mechanism...

The shop I take my car to is located in lomita (Torrance area)
26122 S Western ave
Lomita Ca 90717
310-326-1034

Call them... Tell them "the guy with the white 540" gave you their number. His name is Joe. They may be able to solve the problem over the phone. these are really good people!

LOS
[snapback]217677[/snapback]​
My done the same, but it was the back door. Your locking actuator is burnt out. If you don't want spend the $$$ or the time replacing it (pain in the butt) , just file through (cut) the plastic connector & work it manually. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.