BMW Werkz banner

Dinan V. Shark

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Black528i 
#1 ·
Im looking at getting the engine software as well as the tranny software. What are the pros and cons with going with either the Dinan or the Shark Injector engine software? Does the Shark Injector work well with the tranny software?

Thanks in advance! :cheers

#4 ·
Originally posted by agoff7@Dec 1 2004, 09:34 PM
With the shark injector you can restore the original settings if you want. And you can update the software yourself and save $$.
[snapback]241754[/snapback]​
Could you explain? I don't understand how I could update the software. I have not purchased anything as of yet. I was just wondering if the shark injector works with the Dinan tranny software. Or does the shark injector fix the tranny as well?

#5 ·
Originally posted by Black528i+Dec 2 2004, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black528i @ Dec 2 2004, 11:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-agoff7@Dec 1 2004, 09:34 PM
With the shark injector you can restore the original settings if you want.  And you can update the software yourself and save $$.
Could you explain? I don't understand how I could update the software. I have not purchased anything as of yet. I was just wondering if the shark injector works with the Dinan tranny software. Or does the shark injector fix the tranny as well?
[snapback]242022[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I didn't answer all of your questions because I don't know all of the answers. Maybe I answered a question that wasn't asked. Using the shark injector you can load new engine software (it should come preloaded on the injector) through the cars dataport yourself, at least for an E39. You may overwrite Dinan tranny software you may not.

It would be worth knowing if the tranny software is completely built in with the engine software or can be loaded as a seperate module. I know they sell it as a seperate product, but that doesn't mean it is not built in with the stock software and loaded in a single software upload.

I do not know if the shark injector software provides an auto tranny benefit.

I have no idea if the shark injector will work with Dinan Auto tranny software.

#6 ·
Originally posted by agoff7+Dec 2 2004, 09:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(agoff7 @ Dec 2 2004, 09:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Black528i@Dec 2 2004, 11:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-agoff7
@Dec 1 2004, 09:34 PM
With the shark injector you can restore the original settings if you want.  And you can update the software yourself and save $$.

[snapback]242022[/snapback]​

I didn't answer all of your questions because I don't know all of the answers. Maybe I answered a question that wasn't asked. Using the shark injector you can load new engine software (it should come preloaded on the injector) through the cars dataport yourself, at least for an E39. You may overwrite Dinan tranny software you may not.

It would be worth knowing if the tranny software is completely built in with the engine software or can be loaded as a seperate module. I know they sell it as a seperate product, but that doesn't mean it is not built in with the stock software and loaded in a single software upload.

I do not know if the shark injector software provides an auto tranny benefit.

I have no idea if the shark injector will work with Dinan Auto tranny software.
[snapback]242417[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for your response! Can anyone shed light on the unanswered questions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.