BMW Werkz banner

Death In The Family Of The 5 Series Sub-forum

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  rsn48 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I've been gone so long. Unfortunately, my family experienced a terrible tragedy three weeks ago. My 26 yr. old nephew, Justin, who was the "little brother" I never had, was killed in an auto accident while driving to work.

At 7:30 A.M. three Saturdays ago he was driving (40MPH) to work and the right front wheel went off the edge of the pavement. As best as we can figure, he over adjusted and cut the wheel back too sharp and the rear of the car spun out and slung him into a telephone pole on the opposite side of the road.

The following Monday morning the wonderful doctors at U.T. Medical Center in Knoxville, TN. made the process of removing Justin from Life Support so much easier on my family. What they did was enlist six doctors, experts in their field, and remove the ventilator and monitor for signs of brain activity. If one of the team members notice any sign of activity they immediately replace the ventilator. Unfortunately for Justin no activity was present.

What I found very unique and wonderful about the process was that my sister and brother-in-law did not have to make that heartwrenching decision.

Justin WAS NOT wearing his seatbelt, if so, he would have probably survived the accident! SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO BUCKLE UP!

Justin was newly married to his second wife (five months) and has two wonderful children ages 8 and 5.

Of course, we are all still deeply saddened with this loss and ask that you will keep our family, especially those young children, in your thoughts and prayers as we try and manage to return to some type of normal life.

I have missed you guys and gals and look forward to returning to the forum soon.

Your Friend,
Jim
<><

See less See more
#5 ·
Jim -

So sorry to hear about Justin and your loss. As a father myself I always draw even more sorrow from a story such as yours when there are young children left fatherless. Those children now will look up to you, Uncle Jim, to show them the "man stuff" that they need to know.

After my dad died unexpectedly when I was 17, I definitely began to identify more with my two uncles (both much older than I). One of those spent a lot of time teaching me what he knew about auto & home repair, to the extent of spending 3 weeks with me (he had retired) going over a 1974 Porsche 914 I had bought in rough shape. His teachings are why I can now afford to maintain the beautiful 1999 540 that now sits in my garage. What a gift he gave me...

Hang in there, and keep in touch with us.

Your pal,
Eric

#11 ·
TO ALL BMW-FORUM MEMBERS:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their gratitude and wonderful kind words.

Justin's accident has had a profound effect on my life, namely, that life is way too short. If you are reading this and harbor any ill will towards another, I urge you to reconcile your differences. What is most important in this life is not "how many or how much" we obtain but rather that we seek HIS purpose and love each other as ourselves.

Again, I thank BMW-FORUMS and all members for your outpouring of sympathy and support.

4Him,
Jim & Family
<><
John 3:16

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.