BMW Werkz banner

Constant Misfire Cylinder 3 after clearing light

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  marti5 
#1 · (Edited)
It is a 528I 99 model 200,900 miles
She runs very beautiful....still...except this....
I keep getting a Misfire in cylinder 3. I have done the basic trouble shooting and it still does not clear. I noticed that when the car is idle it comes on and I loose power, now when I clear it the car still idles a litte funny but then it comes back on again, as I raise the RPM to 2, i dont have my full engine power, now when I clear it as it still on 2 RMP, iget my full engine power back again.

I have put in new plugs, new sparkplugs, lots of fuel injector cleaner at verious times, clearing the code constantly, by the way the car runs fine when the code is not on, it only comes on when I am at a stop light or idled. I have driven it out of town about 400miles(bothways) and it still had the light come back on. When I clear it, it runs fine. It has been like this for about 9months now.

#3 ·
can you possibly tell me what the HT lead/stub is? also where abouts is the location, I have worked on my car many times never heard of that before. What does (HT) stand for? What do you mean the coil pack for that cylinder, I have switched coils before and it still comes on also they are new.......

thanks for your help......

#4 · (Edited)
HT = High tension leads or high tension cables are car components. They are the wire which goes from the Ignition coil to the Distributor and the wires which go from the distributor to each of the Spark plugs.

HT stub is the part that pops on over the plug, if you have switched them around the light would still come on as you have a bad coil pack. You say they are new are they genuine Bosch or cheap ones as cheap ones are know to fail, if they are new Bosch ones I would take them to an auto electrician or your Bosch depot and have them checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.