BMW Werkz banner

Clicking Noise In Seat

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  The_Transporter 
#1 ·
When I accelerate very fast or press the brake pedal, the track of the driver's seat makes a loud clicking noise like if its not sitting in the track properly. Now seats are electrical so i tried to push n tug it but it would not move. I took the car in but they said its a slight flaw which is not really repairable. any ideas how i could correct that myself??

#4 ·
ill try that BillB. I would have left it alone but the noise is really unbearable and most of the tiimes I drive with the radio off so its like the centre of attention.

#5 ·
Do you by chance have sport seats? If so there may be a service bulletin that can correct this. (*I say may because it is listed as an "all" model but reading the SI only mentions E46*) The SI does however discribe your complaint EXACTLY. Says there is a small amount of play in the tilt adjustment, can be fixed with o-rings (*customer complaint basis only*) Hope u find this to be of use.

#6 ·
Originally posted by billB@Mar 7 2005, 10:49 PM
Check the bolts that hold the seats to the floor by removing the plastic covers 1st. Once removed these bolts can be inspected/tightened-if any.
[snapback]306052[/snapback]​
I checked them and one bolt was very loose. well i tightend it and its fixed. surprising my dealer didnt find that fault. thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.