Cell Phone In 99 528i W/ Sports Package - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 06:40 PM
68th gear and shifting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
(Thread Starter)
i just have a question for 1999 5 series owners. I have the TEL button, but no telephone in the car. I guess there is space for it in your arm rest but the phone isn't there. I went on ebay and looked at all 99s and none of them had a phone, but all had the TEL button. Is it bluetooth and does it mean that all 528i's got em? please help.

and Torque, if you're reading it, you still got access to carfax?

thanks!

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
comon guys... help me out here

Quote:

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
#3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 07:27 PM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Quote:
Originally posted by superdeadman@Jan 30 2005, 02:02 AM
comon guys... help me out here
[snapback]282021[/snapback]
sorry for the limited info. but this is what I have saved on my PC.

All 5 Series (E39) vehicles, starting with January 2000 production, will be prewired for the CPT 7000 Digital StarTAC cellular phone.
5 Series (E39) vehicles, starting with January 2000 production, (pre-wired for the CPT 7000 digital phone) have wiring specific to digital phones, the wiring will not support the CPT 6OOOVR analog phone.
Left & right side dual coil speakers and microphone wiring are factory installed for hands free phone operation.

note: Bluetooth is new technology.
I hope it will help.
billb
#4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 11:09 AM
68th gear and shifting

(Thread Starter)
so 99 doesn't have any of it?

Quote:

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
#5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 11:29 AM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Quote:
Originally posted by superdeadman@Jan 30 2005, 06:09 PM
so 99 doesn't have any of it?
[snapback]282395[/snapback]

Well you may want to check this write up on BMW tips...once logged in go to tips/tricks, electronics/cell section, then click on Nokia installation.

http://bmwtips.com/

regards
billb
#6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
n00b

csrumber1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to csrumber1
My dad just got a 2003 540i, with navigation and this telephone button...at first i thought it was bluetooth, but his phone didnt connect.

I see there's a link and it talks about splicing and connectors and such, but is there any easy way of connecting any ordinary phone (like through the headset/microphone jack on the phone)?

"Bmw is better than Volvo, Robert"

Retired ride: 1990 325i - Manual - Chipped - Recaro Racing Seats - Eibach Lowering Springs - Original German Liscense plate (for style) - Black HID Halo Angel Eyes - Blacked out Turn signals - alpina rims. :-)
#7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 05:24 PM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
I had a 2000 E39, and used the CPT8000 phone in it.
(If you remember my old signature with the phone!)
Same story, bought the car without the phone. Got one off ebay for $260+
Dealer told me 2000 models use CPT7000, I argued that the cradle fits the CPT8000, and sellers on ebay tells me CPT8000 works in a 2000 car.
Dealer says 100% Negative. I went ahead and bought one, and it sure works.
ONly thing is...you have to press the button a few times to connect whenever you plug the phone into the cradle, once that's done, everything works fine.

CPT7000 is the startac and it's way way dated! CPT8000 is the Timeport

I've sold the car, and am selling the phone soon on ebay. If you are interested, let me know. Mine's CDMA and I'm using Verizon service.

2012 Porsche 911 GTS
2008 ford F150 Foose Edition
#8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 06:51 PM
n00b

How much for the phone cradle?? Is it easy to connect? Will it work with a black berry? and finally, are there more models to choose from?

Retired ride: 1990 325i - Manual - Chipped - Recaro Racing Seats - Eibach Lowering Springs - Original German Liscense plate (for style) - Black HID Halo Angel Eyes - Blacked out Turn signals - alpina rims. :-)
#9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 08:39 PM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrumber1
How much for the phone cradle?? Is it easy to connect? Will it work with a black berry? and finally, are there more models to choose from?
NO it will not work with a blackberry, and NO there are NO options.

2012 Porsche 911 GTS
#10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 09:10 PM
n00b

can i point out how LAME that is?

#11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:09 PM
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrumber1
can i point out how LAME that is?
You are absolutely correct!
And cellphones get obsolete so fast, 2 years and your phone is out-dated.
The phone system in the car is great, but few people want to stick with an old style phone.

2012 Porsche 911 GTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)