CD Changer for E60 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alohalc is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hi y'all ! it's me again and seems like i always have questions . do you guys know where can i order a oem/aftermarket cd changer? i don't want to go back to the parts dept cuz their price is so ridiculous . is the glove box the only place to store the changer since it's pre-wired there. how about the trunk (my previous e39 had the trunk mounted changer)? please help . thank you again !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:32 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
go to crutchfield.com they have OEM-Spec ones

#3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:23 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
CD changer is connected to fiber optic MOST bus and is only operational after upgrading the firmware in the car to recognize it. I seriously doubt that any aftermarket units are available yet. The most bus connection point is in the dash behind glovebox. In the left rear shock tower there is a most accessory junction but im not sure if the changer could be mounted there and recognized.

DT

#4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
ciscokid, fyi, i just called them and they don't have one for the e60, only for e39. so i think that means i have to pay over $1k (parts and installation) for just a cd changer .

#5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
dirty_tool, that's what i've heard, too. dealer needs to re-program the idrive to accept the new cd changer. i think that's how they rip people off .

#6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:34 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
its not i drive that gets reprogrammed its whatever modules that need to be up to the same level of programming as the changer, thats the prob with several bus systems linked together. In theory its an amazing system which will in the future actually make it easier to add accessories.

DT

#7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
dirty_tool, thanks for the info . it's always good to know more about our cars.

oh guys, off topic but i want to ask anyway. i have posted another question (under "fog lights") here but not much response yet. i'm so anxious to change the light bulbs but no luck so far. could you guys please go there and check out my question and see if anyone can help me out? i really appreciate it .

#8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:54 PM

check that thread i replied

DT

#9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
yup, i did and thank you again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)