BMW Werkz banner

Carfax? Vin Weadc7406g0962869

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rkhoubian 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting a BMW. Took a test drive in a 1986 535i 5 speed on Saturday. Want to get a carfax to see if the dealer's "3-owners" matches up. Interior is in great condition, only some wear on driver's seat bottom and the dash is cracked. Engine is clean, maybe just a good steam cleaning from the dealer though. Dealer did oil change and new sparkplugs. Dealer said cold start valve isn't working but once it starts it seems fine. Felt solid and tight in town and with small amount of highway driving. Pulls left on braking. Some front end shimmy at 50+ mph but car isn't pulling if you let go of the wheel. The tool kit is barren, trunk is very clean, no signs of rust. TRXs replaced with Borbet wheels and Toyo tires. Shifts good in all gears. There is a thunk if quickly engaging clutch, like a when starting from a light and traffic stops quick, could be the subframe mounts or differential mount, need to get a better look. Verticle paint surfaces are average, but the trunk, hood, roof are very faded with peeling clearcoat. Dealer is looking to get $1995.00 but that seems like it might be high considering they have no history about the car. What else should I be looking out for?

Thanks - Dave

#2 ·
before i try you sure its not WBA not WEA, cause almost all BMW's are WBA/WBS

well i know im right anyway so i ran WBA

The story of this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This sedan has had at least 3 owners. The first title for this sedan was reported to CARFAX by a California DMV in 1995.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/09/2002, was 251,804 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 3 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
BMW Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 11 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED

Year/Make/Model: 1986 BMW 535I

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine: 3.5L L6 MFI SOHC
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: GERMANY
Safety Equipment: Active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: 6-digit Odometer

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 21.Mar.2005 15:01:46. New data will result in a change to this report.

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869).

Date: Mileage:
07/21/1994 172,483
03/28/1995 184,723
06/30/1997 204,358
05/24/1999 226,514
02/13/2002 250,032
03/09/2002 251,804

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869) had 3 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner No data No data
2nd owner 08/25/1995 California
3rd owner 08/21/1998 California

Types of Owners:

This 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

No Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

BMW does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
You can contact an authorized dealership or BMW at 1-800-334-4269 to find out if this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869) still has recalls that require repair.

CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 11 record(s) for this 1986 BMW 535I (WBADC7406G0962869).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

07/21/1994 172,483 California
Inspection Station
Passed emissions inspection

03/22/1995 California
Inspection Station
Los Altos, CA
Failed emissions inspection

03/28/1995 184,723 California
Inspection Station
Los Altos, CA

08/25/1995 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued or updated
New owner reported

06/30/1997 204,358 California
Inspection Station

08/21/1998 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued or updated
New owner reported

05/24/1999 226,514 Colorado
Inspection Station

05/24/1999 Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Westminster, CO
Title #12R506497
Title or registration issued

12/01/2001 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Louisville, CO
Title issued or updated
Duplicate title issued

02/13/2002 250,032 Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Boulder, CO
Title #531384
Title issued or updated

03/09/2002 251,804 Colorado
Inspection Station

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

Failed Emissions Inspection
The emissions check performed during a vehicle inspection indicated the vehicle was emitting more than allowable emissions standards and/or had missing or modified parts. Repeated failed emissions records can indicate engine problems and CARFAX recommends you have the vehicle inspected.

New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

CARFAX BUYBACK GUARANTEE
Courtesy of Bank One Lease & Loan Collateral Servici

If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Severe Damage: Odometer Problems: Lemon History:
Salvage/Junk

Rebuilt/Reconstructed

Dismantled

Fire/Flood/Hail

Canadian Total Loss
Exceeds Mechanical Limits

Not Actual Mileage
Manufacturer Buyback

Your CARFAX Buyback Coverage:
Vehicle: Transferable Coverage: Activation:
1986 BMW 535I
WBADC7406G0962869 03/21/2005 - 03/21/2006 REQUIRED --
ACTIVATE TODAY!

Activation Required

Go to www.carfax.com
No Internet access?
Ask your dealer to help you activate this guarantee.

Terms and Conditions Apply
CARFAX agrees to buy this vehicle back from the holder of this Vehicle History Report if the report indicates the vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee and a Branded Title, as fully defined in the Terms and Conditions, actually exists for this vehicle. YOU MUST REGISTER TO ACTIVATE THIS FREE GUARANTEE (www.carfax.com) in order to be eligible for payment. View Terms and Conditions (www.carfax.com/guarantee/hctermsanddef.cfm).

CARFAX Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

Need help? Consumers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com. Dealers or Subscribers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfaxonline.com.

© 2005 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending.
C378804 - 21.Mar.2005 15:01:46

#5 ·
Report Heading Graphic

Bank One Lease & Loan Collateral Servici
Lexington, KY

Since its establishment as an independent company in 1986, CARFAX has collected the largest vehicle history database in North America. This database currently includes over 3 billion records from thousands of public and private sources.

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

Heading Graphic

CARFAX Buyback Guarantee Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!
No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
Blue Arrow This sedan has had at least one owner. The first title for this sedan was reported to CARFAX by an Ontario DMV in 1997.
Blue Arrow It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
Blue Arrow It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
Blue Arrow It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
Blue Arrow It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 13,578 miles per year, which is slightly lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/31/2005, was 108,777 miles.
Blue Arrow It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Blue Arrow Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK
Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK
Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK
Number of Owners 1 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations

5. RECALL CHECK
BMW Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 7 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED

Heading Graphic

Year/Make/Model: 1997 BMW 528I

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine: 2.8L L6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: GERMANY
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts
Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Power sun / moon roof, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

Heading Graphic

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 11.Apr.2005 21:31:50. New data will result in a change to this report.

Heading Graphic

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1997 BMW 528I (WBADD5328VBV52144).

Date: Mileage:
05/05/2004

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.