Car Accident W/motor Damage And Insurance Does Not Want To Cover - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
MYBEEMER is on a distinguished road
Car Accident W/motor Damage And Insurance Does Not Want To Cover

I Was Hit By A Drunk Driver. He Ran The Stop Sign And Hit My Left Front Fender Doing Between 55-60mph ...and He Kept Going. I Threw My Car In Drive And Caught Up With Him...ran Him Off The Road..and He Stopped... He Went To Jail...and Lucky Enough He Had Insurance....

Well 4 Months Later ....my Car Just Went Into The Car Two Weeks Ago...insurance Co. Would Not Except The Blame...just Alot Of Bs..excuses... I Took The Driver & Insurance Co To Court And Won...

They Have Agreed To Pay For The Body Work And That Is It.....

The Left Fender Is Gone..and The Front Lights Down To The Bottom Of The Car Is Gone... The Radiator And Oil Compartments Were Busted....and All Four Flat Tires....

Make A Long Story Short.....the Car Went To The Body Shop And They Said......the Motor Valves Are Ticking.....the Onboard Computer & Dash Will Not Work ....the Car Is Chugging So Hard They Did Not Want To Leave It On....

The Adjuster Came Out And Does Not Feel This Is Due To The Accident And Refuse To Fix... They Would Like Me To Pay Bmw To Do An Extensive Analysis Check On The Car And To Prove To Them This Was A Result Of Accident....

My Car Drove Awesome Before....it Is A 98 540i With 110,000 Miles...i Barely Drive It ....what Do I Do...i Need Some Advice....
MYBEEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
IMO, the other driver's insurance must be forced to make the repairs. I suppose you may have to take them to court.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Fuel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
IMO, the other driver's insurance must be forced to make the repairs. I suppose you may have to take them to court.
Couldn't agree more- I would take them to small claims court. The other driver is accountable for ALL damages done to your car. I would first find a good lawyer to get it all straitened out. Nice to hear you caught up with him and ran him off the road- very nice my friend.

Best of luck to you!
Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1997 bmw 540i
Photos:
cipher is on a distinguished road
Buddy, you take your car straight to bmw and have them go through it. You will need this for court or to prove your case to the insurance co anyway. Have them document all damages caused to your car by the accident. If they don't give you EVERY penny they owe then take them to court and have them pay for your car repairs, cost of estimates on damage by bmw and your lawyer too.
Nice job catching the guy
cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thank guys, I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing by pushing this issue. The car has been at BMW for two weeks...The Tech starting breaking down the motor over the weekend. BMW will be handling the body and mechanical. I am a female so I can imagine this insurance adjustor is trying to take me for a ride...I will keep you guys posted and send pics when it is all done...It should look hot!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
^ darn girl! good job catching the bastard! fight for every penny your out because of that drunk dillhole... i belive the adjuster is trying to ripp you off they're trained to low ball you and not accept that they need to pay up.... MAKE them pay for EVERY penny let us know what happens! dont give up though!
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Jared@EACTuning is on a distinguished road
If there is any doubt, always get an attorney. They are worth the money. Rarely does anyone make out trying to do things on their own.

Jared
Jared@EACTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 98,328i
Photos:
jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie
does your insurance not cover the cost of legal aid?it would appear you may have a case.Wheres delmarco is he not some kind of budding legal eagle?pm him and ask for help.
jimmythepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I went to see my car today. BMW has tore it all down and the adjustor will be back out this week... There is alot of extra damage to the vehicle that no one could see unless they broke the car down.... and I also saved all the broken parts. So BMW is going to try and use that to there advantage... I am absolutely NOT letting this go.. I consulted a lawyer, there is not much I can do by the time I am done with the lawyer costs,,it will most likely add up to what it would cost to fix it .. "the only thing I have against them....is that they told BMW ...if it was due to the accident and we can prove it ...they will pay to fix it... BMW says it looks like we will be o.k. and no my insurance would not pay for any legal council..They say the car should be done next week. Thanks for all the help...I will send pics...Seeing as I had to pay for the parts myself ..I upgraded into the m5bumper/angeleye (head/fog/rear)lights, sharkfin antenna, and 07 5series rims and tires... so it should look nice. THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
^ yay sounds like it is going good!

You can sign up for photobucket.com and use them to host the pictures and post the pictures here....

Or you can send them to me and i can do it for you. yay for upgrading! nows the time I guess Glad your ok!
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)