Calling All Experts - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rakeshp is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Alrighty guys...im in a real jiffy...My car a 1998 528i has been having problems lately as you probably have seen me post before and thanks to everyone for their replies and help tips. But im sick of having to ask people and i really want to learn on my own and figure out how everything in my car is put together and how every bolt is placed perfectly.

Bascially what im sayign is that I planning on buying a manual and I need advice on where and how much to spend. I found some on ebay and they were about $20 or so if you do the "buy now" option but thats the CD. Are those cds real? and for some reason some of the descriptions say that the Electrical Problems dont include the e39...so im like UGHHHH this sucks. Well since lately my trunk has had an electrical problem..thinking its a relay or something. but anwyays...im thinking about buying the paper manual also..is that worthit? I am buying the two-volume set that is about 110 bucks which isnt bad i dont think considering it was on sale from 160. So please give me some feedback on this topic.. THanks everyone and GOO BMW LOVERS!!!!!!

YOU KNOW RULE! B)

Rakesh
North Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:57 PM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Rakeshp
Check these guys out......This manual is highly recommended by many....good luck

http://store.yahoo.com/impol/bmw5sema19.html

Regards
billb
#3 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 02:02 AM
n00b

rakeshp is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hey thanks for the reply...but i saw that manual and actually at this link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...g=UTF8&v=glance

its cheaper...not by too much but it is cheaper. Which one should i get? i know the price is different but how safe is that other site and how safe is buying off amazon...well amazon actually covers you if you qualify for the insurance without having to do anything else. you dont have to pay for their insurance just qualify. so yea im not sure any ideas?

rakesh
#4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 10:53 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
I would go with amazon, its cheaper and its a well known company so no worries about getting swindled.

I think you will be very happy with the Bentley manual for e39, its the most comprehensive manual available to the general public for your model.

DT

DT

#5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 AM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Quote:
Originally posted by rakeshp@Jul 28 2005, 01:02 AM
hey thanks for the reply...but i saw that manual and actually at this link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...g=UTF8&v=glance

its cheaper...not by too much but it is cheaper. Which one should i get? i know the price is different but how safe is that other site and how safe is buying off amazon...well amazon actually covers you if you qualify for the insurance without having to do anything else. you dont have to pay for their insurance just qualify. so yea im not sure any ideas?

rakesh
[snapback]365654[/snapback]

You will enjoy it and save the $60...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)