BMW Werkz banner

Buying Advice For Winter Tires

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BeelZibub 
#1 ·
I live in Minnesota and bought a 1998 BMW 528i this summer. I will need winter tires and wheels soon. After buying the car, I am low on cash and want to get good but reasonable tires and rims. I currently have 17" sport rims and was thinking of getting 15" wheels and tires just for the winter. I checked Bavarian Auto and Tire Rack. Can anyone suggest a wheel and winter tire package that is for my car and remember I am on a budget now hoping for the $600-700 range. Also, would 15" look bad on my car?or ok just for 3-4 months a year?

thanks for your help.

dberger

#3 ·
Send those nice 17's over here and I'll put them in my shed for you over winter - honestly.

Most tyre manufacturers do a winter tyre these days and yes if you get a lot of snow the 15's (with maybe a 205 width) will cut into the snow a lot better - BUT won't look half as good - I can't wait to get rid of mine and replace them with 17-18's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.