Bumper Question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: e36 328is
Photos:
BeemerMan will become famous soon enoughBeemerMan will become famous soon enough
Bumper Question

What years did this front bumper come off of? Wiill they fit on my 1998 528i? Any suggestions on where to find one? I really like the look and design of this rather then the one I got on right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Bumper Question-2166985_9_full.jpg  

Old 06-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: 1997 BMW 528i
Photos:
winters97E39 is a jewel in the roughwinters97E39 is a jewel in the roughwinters97E39 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to winters97E39 Send a message via AIM to winters97E39
looks a little like the AC Schnitzer

or the hamann:

both are available at Baviarian Autosport (http://www.bavauto.com) or many other places
Old 06-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2002 Porsche C4S
Photos:
CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
That bumper in the pic is on the 2001 models and newer.
And Yes, it will fit on your car.
2000 models and older do not have a lip and looks rather lame.
That's why I added on a ACSchnitzer lip spoiler on mine, like the one winters posted in the pic.

Last edited by CosmosBlack; 06-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.
CosmosBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
BeemerMan will become famous soon enoughBeemerMan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosBlack
That bumper in the pic is on the 2001 models and newer.
And Yes, it will fit on your car.
2000 models and older do not have a lip and looks rather lame.
That's why I added on a ACSchnitzer lip spoiler on mine, like the one winters posted in the pic.

Wow your car looks hot! What year is your car? My 528i is also black, and I would like to get that same lip. Where did you purchase that, and how much? Also, are your headlights stock w/angel eyes installed? Can you post more pics of your head lights with all the lights on? Last, are your grills the wide ones? Thanks!

Last edited by BeemerMan; 06-04-2006 at 12:52 PM.
BeemerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond reputeCosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks BeemerMan! Mine is a year 2000 model.

The front lip-spoiler is a ACSchitzer replica. It was discussed with "winters97E39" not too long ago: HERE if you wanna check it out (scroll down the page). I have one exact same lip-spoiler for sale.

My lights are stock Xenons, and the rings are LEDs, from ebay. They don't light up well with the Xenons on, but they're cheap upgrades. I wouldn't recommend them.

Yes, those are wide M5 grilles.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosBlack
Thanks BeemerMan! Mine is a year 2000 model.

The front lip-spoiler is a ACSchitzer replica. It was discussed with "winters97E39" not too long ago: HERE if you wanna check it out (scroll down the page). I have one exact same lip-spoiler for sale.

My lights are stock Xenons, and the rings are LEDs, from ebay. They don't light up well with the Xenons on, but they're cheap upgrades. I wouldn't recommend them.

Yes, those are wide M5 grilles.
Where do you recommend I purchase those LED angel eyes? And is it hard to install? For now i'm thinking of buying just the clear smoked lens cover to replace my ugly orange ones, and installing those LED angel eyes. For that Front Lip, how much are you willing to sell to me shipped to 92626? Let me know, very interested! THanks!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 00 Prelude, 95 525i, 85 635CSi
Photos:
d3ity will become famous soon enoughd3ity will become famous soon enough
Anyone here will tell you. LED angel eyes suck.

However, if you wan't angel eyes. Go with umnitza, (www.umnitza.com)

Thier products are great, thier angel eyes are bright, and they look great. I bought a set for my e34, and they were the absolute favorite part of my car. They were bright enough to be seen in daylight, and the install, (although somewhat more involved on my car), was fairly simple, on your e39, the install will be MUCH easier than mine.

Heres pictures of mine right after the install, and the thread that followed
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-s...hlight=umnitza
d3ity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerMan
Where do you recommend I purchase those LED angel eyes? And is it hard to install? For now i'm thinking of buying just the clear smoked lens cover to replace my ugly orange ones, and installing those LED angel eyes. For that Front Lip, how much are you willing to sell to me shipped to 92626? Let me know, very interested! THanks!
Like D3ity said, I wouldn't recommend the LED angel lights. But if you really want them, they now have a better version which is brighter, looks kinda like a fluorescent ring. You can look them up on ebay, they're selling for about $80. Installation is simple.

As for the lip-spoiler, did you read the comments on the thread link that I posted in my reply? I'm selling it for $200, but I mentioned that packing the fiberglass lip-spoiler and making sure it doesn't get damaged in shipping is a challenge. It is not polyurethane like your bumper cover, it's fiberglass and it will crack if twisted or bumped into. If you still want it, let me know, I'll find a way to package it and charge you for shipping & handling.

OR...you could get the original ACS lip-spoiler from bavarian auto, I think it's polyurethane, but it's well over $600...before shipping.

Last edited by CosmosBlack; 06-05-2006 at 11:10 PM.
CosmosBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)