BMW Werkz banner

Broken belt nightmare.

671 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Bemmercrazy 
#1 ·
Hello group.
I've had this problem with my 2006 525i that is driving me crazy and I need help bad. it all started with a simple belt breaking. When the belt broke all red light turned on on dashboard and car turned off right away . replaced the belt and tension pulley but car didn't turn on anymore. took it to a shop where they replaced crank sensor and the sensors on the front of engine. didn't work . i was told that i needed to re program the computer at the dealer. sent it to dealer and was reprogram but didn't work. bmw dealer said that the timing was the problem and it will cost me over $3500 to fix. I was referred to another shop that would repair it for less. that shop told me the engine was bad . Bought another engine with very low millage and got it installed on car . Car does not run. its doing exactly the same thing it was doing at the beginning. it cranks . the engine turns like it want to start but it doesn't ARGGG. all sensors have been replaced Again. all wiring has been checked from point to point and now I've been told the ECU might be bad ?? Has anyone had this issue happened and how was it resolved ?sorry for long story . any help will be highly appreciated . Thank you in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.