2nd Gear Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok im about to go crazy...
i have a squeal in my front brakes, and here is what I have tried to do to correct it:
1. sanded original pads and rotors (ones that came on the car when i bought them, non oem) - still sqealed
2. got new clips for the front pads (they were missing)
- was good for about 2 days, then started squealing again
3. purchased new Pagid pads for front
good for a day - next day, started squealing
4. had rotors turned - found there was a slight runout
good for about 45 minutes of driving
oh, and after the rotors were turned (with new oem pads) i did the break in procedure to set the pads correctly
At cold startup, everything is nice and quiet until about 30 minutes of driving when the pads heat up. Then at every stop, with light brake pressure, I get a nice loud squeal.. not a grinding noise, but just a high pitched tone. If I apply harder pressure to the brakes, it goes away.
WTF, do i need to frickin hang a set of new rotors now? damn it is killing me!!!!
oh, also when the pads were put on, I sprayed a generous amount of anti squeal compound on them. my buddy Rob (runs Pulido's automotive) swears by the stuff for german brakes.
Jason / 1997 528i
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.