Brake Pads - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
(Thread Starter)
It's that time of the year again. I need new pads. I'm sick of OEM ones. I run my car too hard and they fade quickly. Basically im looking for better stopping power. I've done quite a bit of research so far,but would rater see some posts that havent been tainted by my research.

What are good performance pads?

What prices have you guys been seeing?

What are the different types of materials? I don't think I want semi-metallic again. Ceramic might be the wya to go. How much more expensive are ceramic pads?

I don't care about brake dust so dont steer me in the direction of any sort of brake dust reducer or any pads that work as well as OEM, because OEM is insufficient for my needs.

After I pick one and get them replaced i'll do a post about performance brade pads and a review of which ones I bought.

(i have the modding bug. I need to sell my car and I keep putting money into it )

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Quote:
Originally posted by ///M Power@Jul 15 2005, 01:36 PM
It's that time of the year again. I need new pads. I'm sick of OEM ones. I run my car too hard and they fade quickly. Basically im looking for better stopping power. I've done quite a bit of research so far,but would rater see some posts that havent been tainted by my research.

What are good performance pads?

What prices have you guys been seeing?

What are the different types of materials? I don't think I want semi-metallic again. Ceramic might be the wya to go. How much more expensive are ceramic pads?

I don't care about brake dust so dont steer me in the direction of any sort of brake dust reducer or any pads that work as well as OEM, because OEM is insufficient for my needs.

After I pick one and get them replaced i'll do a post about performance brade pads and a review of which ones I bought.

(i have the modding bug. I need to sell my car and I keep putting money into it )
[snapback]362573[/snapback]
check these out

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/show_...arkBlueSportPad

regards

billb
#3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
I considered all of those. Earlier this morning I ordered PBR AXXIS Ultimate ceramic brake pads from TMS. Hopefully ill be satisfied with them.

#4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 10:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you will really like them. I use them on my 1988 750 and married daughters 1994 530i (V8) and her husbands 1995 325is. My married son uses them on his 1987 325i and his 1988 735i with manual transmission. They grip well, almost no dust and they are long lived
#5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Jrf786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ///M Power@Jul 17 2005, 05:46 PM
I considered all of those. Earlier this morning I ordered PBR AXXIS Ultimate ceramic brake pads from TMS. Hopefully ill be satisfied with them.
[snapback]363104[/snapback]
I'll tell you one thing, they work only slightly better now than OEM(I have had them for a couple weeks but have driven them like 1000 miles) and grip harder the more you use them. They dont fade, which was odd, I thought I caught them on fire fucking around the other day in a parking lot(they were smoking so bad I thought I burned somethign out in my engine) but they kept on gripping just as hard as they did before I started. I have to give it to them, they just didnt quit. Although I also got the cross drilled rotors, dont know how much thsat helps though.
#6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Keep it Copacetic

(Thread Starter)
Thats very nice to know. The real reason i'm sick of OEM is that they fade too fast. They have mediocre brakign power and it's just not cutting it for me. I cant count the number of times that my OEM pads have given in under pressure. I hope these will be on of my most noticeable upgrades.

#7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Keep it Copacetic

(Thread Starter)
I installed my axxis ceramic pads this morning

took it for a a few miles

its still in the brakes break-in period, but im kinda disappointed abotu some random braking noise, hopefully this will disappear by the break-in period....then ill drive it harder.

#8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Performance pads will sqeak, no matter what.

btw, you should have bought zimmerman cross-driller rotors to go along with them and steel brake lines if u really want premium stopping power.

But all that would cost you about 500.

#9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Keep it Copacetic

(Thread Starter)
All that would indeed empty my pockets, duh.

They will ALWAQYS squeak? Hell fucking NO!

Anyone know how to get rid of this? Damnit I deleted Pablo Montonya's number from my phone, he wouldve known!

#10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
My dads 5er has ceramic pads and... 10k later they are still squeaking like the first day they were put on. It's quite embarassing, but they are good so who gives a shit.

#11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 AM
Keep it Copacetic

(Thread Starter)
Yeah shit my pads really work well!

But my buddy with the 224 rwhp bmw (had to say it sorry) told me

im a complete dumbass, I forgot to put that gooey stuff behind the pad -_-

and on top of that this mornign when I installed them I realized I had forgotten to get brake pad sensors so it still shows up as needing new brake pads. FUCK! Now I need to spend $20 on sensors from turner motorsport (4 sensors) + ooey gooey stuff + repoen calipers and whatnot.

FORKSHIT!

#12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:12 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Its an easy job. calm down. :P

Make sure you get the anti squeal on there good, if it seeps out you'll need to reapply later. Who needs brake pad sensors anyway? Just cut them off and twist the wires together! No OBC warning...... ever.

hahah

review on these pads yet?

#13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Keep it Copacetic

(Thread Starter)
Will review when I hit about 70 miles on them and Im sure ive run them ahrd enough.

5 minute job if you have the right tools. I left my toolkit in my dads office in LA and i dont want to drive that damn far and burnt hat much gas

#14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Is your car a gas hog too!??

im battling the biggest gas hog issue ever.

me----> <----- my car

haha

#15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
n00b

shragon is an unknown quantity at this point
axxis ulitmates work well. mine have a slight squeek. but they're still dusty as hell.

thinking about using axxis/pbr metal masters next time to cut the dust down a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)