BMW Werkz banner

Bought '95 530ia W/ Rebuild Eng, Need Advice

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tacroteau 
#1 ·
Well, thanks to all the good advice and research about the v8's and e34 I bought a '95 530iA with a newly rebuit eng/head and want some advice about breaking-in the new engine. Any advice/ref info. on break-in for a fresh rebuild on a BMW engine?

As always, thanks for the great info.

#7 ·
Its ok to rev :devil You just dont want to seat your valves at 6000 RPM :nono Quick shots of throttle ARE ok. The engine should just spend most of its time in normal driving RPMs so all your clearences are set correctlly.

I suggest changing after the first 1000 Miles, and then 3000, followed by 5000 from there on out. That motor is built for it. (why do you think it takes 8 quarts? )

Originally posted by bimerguyCW@Jun 1 2005, 10:49 PM
Well, thanks to all the good advice and research about the v8's and e34 I bought a '95 530iA with a newly rebuit eng/head and want some advice about breaking-in the new engine. Any advice/ref info. on break-in for a fresh rebuild on a BMW engine?

As always, thanks for the great info.
[snapback]349414[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.