*** Bmw Subframe Action! *** - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:16 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Norcal Bmwboy is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
*** Bmw Subframe Action! ***

I am a member of the E46Fanatics forum and I am searching for anyone who has had sub frame tears. So far I have 60 names and phone numbers of members with sub frame tears ranging from members who have tons of mods to some with none. BMW of Germany has labeled the sub frame tears as non safety related due to the low number of occurances, but yet they have released bullentons for FREE inspections and Free repairs of all sub frames for E46 models (confirmed) and Z4,Z3 models (mentioned to me but not confirmed). These repairs costs millions considering the amount of vehicles sold for BMW of Germany, yet BMWNA has chosen to look at cases indivually, meaning paying only for those persons who have done their research and are willing to go through great lengths to get what it owes to them. Why? MONEY! Out of 60 names only 5 have had BMWNA pick up the tab! There are lawsuits there are posts all over, there are after market parts sold for reinforcement of BMW sub frames. I have messages and emails from member who have fixed as many 3 sub frames from 3 different BMWs starting from a 1992 325 and some who have fixed their sub frame 3 times on the same car! Regardless of word combinations BMW uses to disguise the issue, sub frame tears do compromise the drivablilty of the vehicle and in the cases of E46s and maybe the other models as well, they are SAFETY ISSUES! Bmw has jeopardized the lives and safety of its owners as well as our occumpants, wifes, children, family, and friends, so that they can save a little $$$$!!! That makes me mad and it should make you mad as well.

EMAIL ME AT BMWSUBFRAME@GMAIL.COM

1. NAME
2. CONTACT NUMBER
3. LAST 7 OF YOUR VIN
4. DESCRIPTIONS OF YOUR DAMAGE (EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REPAIRED IT)
5. CITY AND STATE
6. COMMENTS

IF YOU HAVE/HAD SUBFRAME PROBLEMS PLEASE EMAIL ME AT BMWSUBFRAMES@GMAIL.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Welcome to our forum and I thank you for the post.

and Yes I did change my subframe not too long ago....it had a crack right at the rear axle carrier point....where the big bolt holds the axle...I did post some pics of it somewhere on the forum.

But the reason for the crack was a smart mechanic who jacked up the car by placing the jack under the rear axle proper....weeks later the axle dropped while I was making a sharp turn.....imported a used one from Germany and installed by myself......It was a hell of a job......But she runs fine.....It is not worth a lawsuit!!

Regards
Billb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)