Blower - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bought a 2000 528I. The blower motor "inside" has stopped working. I did not get a manual with the car. Can not find the fuse. Has anyone attempted to change the motor? Thanks. ghead
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
OK here it is:

1. If the blower is not working first check fuse #28 (fuse box is in the glove box you may want to pull the white cardboard out ; it is your reference) if fuse is good, possible problem in the final stage Blower unit (resistor pack)- very common BMW problem.
Part # 64-11-8-385-549.....About $95 give and take.
As to the location/changing the resistor pack blower itself? well it is located to the left of the glove Box under the center of the dash closer to the firewall. If u cannot find it I'll E mail u some pictures. GOOD LUCK
Bill
billB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Westtxcwby is an unknown quantity at this point
Same problem here, I own a 2001 540i, the AC stopped today in 102 degree heat. Any answers for a DIY fix. I have checked all the fuses, including 75 and 76. everything shows ok ... anything you can all help me with..
Westtxcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
The past few days it has been intermitent. If the car is cool when I start, it is Ok. However, if the car has been sitting in the sun all day and is a million degrees inside the fan will not work. Any ideas?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
when you say THE FAN, you have two fans: one behind the radiater (belt driven) this one better turn all the time hot or cold. The second is electrical sitting right behind the grill. This one is moody and kicks in with three speeds. When your car sounds like a jet ready for take off you know this is your 3rd speed- the highest speed. Let us say 100 degrees outside and you're sitting in NYC traffic u will get to the 3rd speed, believe me) furthermore 1st. This fan seldom kicks in unless the temp of the engine dares to pass mid way on your temp. gauge. and 2nd. It must kick in 1st speed whenever you press the snow button in your dash-that is to say whenever you turn the AC on, this fan will start to help the driven belt one and thats why they call it Auxiliary Fan. Expensive one though when it goes $300+ The motor in it is sealed (sorry no rebuilt) and has a mind of its own (the controllers look like small square black boxes contained in the shroud)

P.s. it's worth trying to clean the auxiliary fan because it is famous for sucking on garbage; it does love to suck and eat up tree leaves especially around this comming season. So turn the AC on and test it If it is dead look up your rely but this time look in the trunk at the right side; tilt the compartment and just above your battery; check that fuse/rely box for a starter then we will take it from there.....let us know how u make out and Good luck
bill
regards
bill
billB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)