Batt Not Holding Charge Trans Code??? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 11:14 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BTE34 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello everyone i just bought a 94 E34 auto. it has 197k but has been well maintained and serviced. The cars radio starts to go first and all the check waring lights come on and my car seems to loose power??? THe lights go dim and the car evently dies?? THe problems seems like an alt because its starts on a jump. The guy i bought it from said there is a new alt on the car and its looks new. I dont know ifs its aftermaket or not.Are these commons problems on ths model???

I am new to BMWs and eager to learn.. I come from the japanese world lol. THank you for you help and comments !!!
Are these commons problems on ths model???

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 01:59 PM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Weak/dead batteries can spell very unpredictable consequences on your electronics. In fact jump starting it is a NO NO solution either (current surges etc) get the alternator/battery checked at a local place like Sears/AutoZone, they do testing/diagnostic for free and they will let you know what you needů.A good battery is a must.....
regards
billb
#3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 11:11 PM
n00b

BTE34 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
thank you for the insight. i have also found out that the local shop that put the alt on, informed me that it was a bosch reman. The service guy told me he has had one on his 95 wagon for 5 years and never had any problems. Now i dont konw if he was just trying to get me into his shop or???? However he did say if it was the alt they would replace it for free. My problem lies that i have to have it towed across town. Now i work for a local toyota dealership so i can buy the factory part and put it on myself but i have to see which is cheaper tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)