Anyone have Euro Smileys?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
karab95 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Wondering who out there have euro smiley headlights and if they like 'em. Also wondering of those who have euro smileys, do you have an HID system? And how do you like the performance of HID with euro emileys? Please let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
NOBODY has Euro Smileys? Not even ONE? I find that hard to believe... I wonder if there's any european BMW owners using this forums? Come on guys... I just find that hard to believe that I am the only E34 guy with these headlight sets.... :P
#3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
Quote:
I just find that hard to believe that I am the only E34 guy with these headlight sets....
Well, do you like them?

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
They are much brighter than the US-spec headlight assembly. When I got the HID system installed, it was fantastic! But it brings me back to the question that is if anyone else have such a system or even the Euro Smileys headlight assembly, I would like to hear other opinions on these particular Euro-spec headlight assemblys. Cheers!
#5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 05:22 PM
n00b

BlondGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there, I have them. But I have absolutely nothing else to compare them with.. Do i like them? NO. I reckon they look waay to 80's for the E34 and I'm trying to figure out a way to hide them.. I'll probably get some plexiglas and heat it up so I can fit the plexi over the headlights. Hopefully this will hide the headlights a littlebit.. I might try to take the headlights from a newer 5 Series and try to fit them but i need a job.. or rather, I need money first.. I'll let you know how it went.. like in 2007 or sumthin.. I HATE BEING BROKE ghead
Edit: oh, and no HID, or Angeleyes

I take no responsebility for my spelling, I'm Norwegian. Our golden age consisted of raping and pillaging, whattdoya excpect!
#6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
how do the e34 euro smileys look outdated ?

#7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 05:47 PM
n00b

BlondGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Oops.. hope I'm talking about the right ones .. do they look like these?
Sorry about the bad picture, its getting dark up here in Norway.

OK, well everyone has their own opinion regarding what looks good or not, I'll try to explain my previous claim:
If you go back to cars from the 60's to mid 1970's most if not all cars had round headlights. After a while(75-80) square ones came on the market. I guess I was wrong when saying the E34 headilghts look too 80's, maybe I should have said too 70's. Regardless of what decade round headlights "belong" to I do not like the grill and headlights of the E34. I find the E34 a very beautiful, classy and stylish car. It is not squarish, nor round like a VW Bug. It has straight lines. but they are smooth, almost curved in places until you look at the front end of the car. It looks like someone took a chissel and started hacking away at the front, breaking up the overall "concept" of lines and curves. Instead you have a sudden indent with relatively sharp angles and in the middle of this angular hole someone threw 4 round globules in the midst of it, just to make sure the general lines of the car would vanish for good in this 1x5 foot mistake of a front end. hehe.. yeah, I know, I'm putting on my flamesafe suit right now. ck
Dont get me wrong though, I love my E34 and think it's a beatiful car, but for some reason the front end has really ticked me off.

I take no responsebility for my spelling, I'm Norwegian. Our golden age consisted of raping and pillaging, whattdoya excpect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)