Anti-Theft System - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
zayd55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone please help! I have a BMW 528i sport auto which is fitted with the anti theft system with audible alarm siren. I can not get the siren to go off if I trigger the system. I have locked myself inside the car and activated the alarm and once triggered only the hazard lights flash. The bizarre thing is that when I arm the system and remove the fuse from the boot section the siren then goes off. This is really agitating me and I am sucoming to my impending doom, taking the car the the stealer... Is there anyone with the knowledge on this issue, much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
LOS
4th Gear Member

Car: 97 540IA, 95 840CI
Photos:
LOS is an unknown quantity at this point
You may have to inspect the siren which is located under the rear tire, passenger side...
Old 09-18-2004, 02:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
OG528 is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently purchased a 2000 528i and I think I may be experiencing a similar problem. I haven't actually tried to intentionally trigger the alarm, but I will, however, sometimes when disarming with the key remote the hazard lights will begin flashing, going un-noticed by me. As I'm driving the car there is no indication that this is happening until I'm stopped behind an SUV and I see them flashing in the reflection. No indication inside the car, no relay clicking, the hazard button is not lit, however, I can't use the turn signals and actuating the hazard button has no effect. The only fix is to turn off the car, arm and then disarm the anti-theft system. I've talked to a local dealer and they are unfamiliar with the problem. I'm thinking it's possibly some indication that the anti-theft system has been activated somehow while away from the car or after reading the following post this morning (#4), the electrical system simply needs to be reset.

http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...=4231&hl=hazard
Old 09-18-2004, 04:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BeelZibub is an unknown quantity at this point
Believe it or not the alarm on these things is pretty damn hard to set off without breaking into the bloody thing. I myself tried by kicking the wheels, rocking the car and sitting inside the car waving my arms about like a mad man. However the car seemed to know I hadn't yet left it and refused to alarm - Try getting out, rolling the window down, locking the car and then after I think 30 seconds put your arm through the window, this should set it off, if it doesn't you have a real problem. Believe me these things are VERY loud.

Hope this helps

BLZ
Old 09-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
BEEL Z you are 110% CORRECT in that The factory alarm on BMWs is more concerned with what it perceives as ILLEGAL ENTRY...so no matter what you do and as long as you enter the car by turning a key or by pressing the button (legal entry); the alarm will not go off. If it does then there is a "probleeema" somewhere so Don't break a windows to prove this theory.
regards
bill
Old 09-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
fivetwofive is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

ghead

I'm new to the site. Can anyone help with my ongoing car alarm and keyless remote issues.
My 95' 525i alarm keeps going off within 2 minutes of arming, and now the keyless remotes are no longer responding. Changed batteries still no response. Anyone??
Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
LOS
4th Gear Member

Photos:
Fivetwofive... for a quick fix, disconect the connections to your alarm unit. The unit is located under the rear seat, driver's side...

I can't really say what's wrong with your alarm unit... except perhaps, check the alarm fuses, the wiring in the alarm unit.... Maybe the unit needs to be replaced.

LOS
Old 10-08-2004, 04:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Has anyone ever set off their alarm siren for their E39 Anti-Theft System. No one seems to have had any success in actually triggering the audible siren and confirm that it really works.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BeelZibub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zayd55@Oct 8 2004, 10:17 AM
Has anyone ever set off their alarm siren for their E39 Anti-Theft System.* No one seems to have had any success in actually triggering the audible siren and confirm that it really works.
[snapback]207430[/snapback]
Yes I have done - like I posted above roll down a window, lock the car and wait for the alarm to settle - then put your arm or lean through the open window. The sensor on the ceiling of the car will see this as illegal entry (as it should) and set off the alarm.

I have also locked the missus in the car while I went to the shop and she set off the alarm by moving aboout in the car

They also have a tilt sensor to set off the alarm if someone is trying to steal your wheels - try activating the alarm and jacking up the car.

Let us know if you manage to set it off
Old 10-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by BeelZibub+Oct 8 2004, 03:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeelZibub @ Oct 8 2004, 03:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-zayd55@Oct 8 2004, 10:17 AM
Has anyone ever set off their alarm siren for their E39 Anti-Theft System.* No one seems to have had any success in actually triggering the audible siren and confirm that it really works.
[snapback]207430[/snapback]
Yes I have done - like I posted above roll down a window, lock the car and wait for the alarm to settle - then put your arm or lean through the open window. The sensor on the ceiling of the car will see this as illegal entry (as it should) and set off the alarm.

I have also locked the missus in the car while I went to the shop and she set off the alarm by moving aboout in the car

They also have a tilt sensor to set off the alarm if someone is trying to steal your wheels - try activating the alarm and jacking up the car.

Let us know if you manage to set it off
[snapback]207437[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

No Joy. I have been able to trigger the alarm and all that happens is the hazard lights just flash without the siren. I have a strong feeling the siren on the system may have been de-activated especially as the car was a dealer demonstrator for the first six months of its life. I will be taking it to a speciallist to have diagnostic done when it goes in for Inspection 2 in a few weeks.

Still love the car though a wise choice upgrading from the Japanese models. What is quite amazing is that when I bought my e39 Sport at least three other neighbours followed suite and made the change. All are much happier now with their new rides.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ian_m_london is an unknown quantity at this point
My '94 E34 has a keyswitch on the alarm unit. This simply switches the siren on and off, all other functions operate as usual. I wonder if yours has something similar, given that the hazards operate. The main use of the switch is to stop the alarm sounding when you reconnect the battery during servicing, they ARE loud and this protects the hearing and sanity of service personnel.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Can someone please give me a detailed description on exactly where the alarm siren unit is located. I have lifted the entire rear seat and found nothing. When I have been able to set off my siren, as explained in my first post, it sounds like the noise is coming from the rear drivers side wheel arch.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
LOS
4th Gear Member

Photos:
ZAYD55:

E34: UNDER THE REAR SEAT

E39: UNDER THE REAR PASSENGER WHEEL

Hope this helps. Trying to access the unit itself can be about 30/45 minutes...

LOS
Old 11-28-2004, 01:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zayd55@Aug 24 2004, 07:19 AM
Can someone please help! I have a BMW 528i sport auto which is fitted with the anti theft system with audible alarm siren. I can not get the siren to go off if I trigger the system. I have locked myself inside the car and activated the alarm and once triggered only the hazard lights flash. The bizarre thing is that when I arm the system and remove the fuse from the boot section the siren then goes off. This is really agitating me and I am sucoming to my impending doom, taking the car the the stealer... Is there anyone with the knowledge on this issue, much appreciated.
[snapback]171890[/snapback]
your car is normal. usually after arming the car, the vehicle will go into "sleep mode". this takes about 16-20 minutes. after that the interior sensor will come on.
now i could be wrong on this issue but if your car has an interor sensor, try locking your car with the driver's window open and wait for about 16 minutes.
after 16 minutes, try waving your arm inside the vihicle through the open window.
(note: do this where there's no one around and moving). if the interior sensor is working, the alarm should go off.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
oaplbmw is on a distinguished road
Unhappy won't start

hi i am oapl and new to the site, i replaced the battery on my 2k bmw 528i after the battery went dead and now is not starting. i took it to a place and they said that the anti-theft system was activated and only the dealer could help. any ideas / help is in advance appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)