BMW Werkz banner

Angel Eyes?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ///M3 FX 
#1 ·
I'm buying a 1997 bmw 528i and want to do a few upgrades, including the headlights. I've heard great things about the angel eyes, but there are so many different kinds and prices on eBay.

Does anyone recommend any particular type of angel eyes?

#2 ·
My only and best advice would be to avoid Ebay. Yes some will come here and speak of great deals had on such a product, but there is a lot more junk there than something I would put on my BMW.

If I had an e39 Bimmer, I would go to umnitza.com or bavauto.com

I have delt with both, and would recomend either...

#5 ·
Personally I would stick with Hella's - Careful on Ebay, there's some real rubbish out there, standard lights that have been bastardised with clear rod and led's. If it's got hella angel eye on the box it will def work with your ride (with the use of a conversion harness) and look damn good.

#10 ·
Originally posted by alazzaro@Oct 8 2004, 01:52 AM
anyone ever try these DDE Lightning™ Enhanced?

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=199

if you look at this picture http://www.umnitza.com/images/IMGP2852.JPG, there's a silver strip that runs horizontally across the top of the light- anyone know what that is or if it is part of the product?
[snapback]207225[/snapback]​
From what I can gather these are a professionally made version of the crappy clear rod and led thing I mentioned earlier - you dismantle your lights and stick them over youor original internal lenses then bugger about with your wiring to get them to work instead of your side lights. Personally I wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick. As I'm sure you are aware BMW are the only manufacturer to use the angel eye's - that's why all these cheapo kits came out, to emulate angels for people with other cars. I say it again, and it's only my opinion, stick with Hella, theyre designed to be put on a 5er.

#12 ·
Ive actually installed the DDE Lightning Plus on my E36 M3, Its really not that difficult. They use smaller diameter ring but more lightoutput. They are the brightest Angel eyes on the market. Besides isnt that the point of getting them anyway ?

Or

The enhanced, These look like OEM rings that come in the 5 series but are brighter. They have the ribbed surface which is OEM look like that in the 5 series

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.