Amplifier Wiring Hell - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 09:11 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
I have a 1995 e34, I have the premium sound system with that crappy 45dB Signal-to-noise ratio and 25watts to each speaker BMW amplifier.

I have an amp here i'd like to wire to my 4 new pioneer speakers. So far i've found my remote power wire (white) and have the amp powered up. Here is my problem

I need a pinout for the two wiring harnesses for that thing. At least telling me what color wires go to what speakers, and what color wires go to what which speaker, and what color wires are my inputs for said speakers.

I'd like to avoid having to rewire my car for 4 speakers, Replacing the stock wiring seems like more trouble than its worth.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 07:46 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
hopefully this will help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amp_diagram.jpg
Views:	2205
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	20726  

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:26 AM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Ok, seeing that diagram its pretty clear i need to figure out how I want to do this. I was kind of hoping to keep the stock amplifier in the car and still have use of all 10 speakers, but that isnt going to happen the way the amplifier is set up.

What i've done so far is replace the front kickpanel speakers, and the rear midrange speakers with a couple of pioneer 2-way speakers.

I'm looking for some better sound quality on those speakers, especially on the bassline, which is causing all kinds of distortion and cloudy sound, which I believe to be caused by running 40w speakers on a 25w amp.

I'm considering bringing the leads out of the back of my head unit to my trunk via an rca cable I have, unless there is a way to keep the tweeters and whatnot providing sound.

The amplifier I have, when I attempted to hook up one of my RCA connectors, seems to have a little problem with powering anything. The head unit flickers along with the power switch on the amp, neither really turning off, and the head unit appears to play, but there is no sound whatsoever when I tap the wires for the stock amp and send them to the aftermarket amp. I think this might be either improper wiring, or possibly not enough power.

Any input or output from my speakers will be appreciated.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
#4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:01 AM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Ok, well so far i've succeeded in fucking up my BMW amp. I think its a fuse or something but i dont have the little screwdriver to open the thing up, stupid torx thing.

Anyway, I'm thinking about just buying the pioneer amp i want, and rewiring my speakers to work with it, should make life alot easier as I'll be able to just use some interconnect cables to hook it to the head unit and I can toss the stock amp in the pile of boxes I have containing various parts that have been removed through the ages.

That wiring harness is the DEVIL i tell you, the DEVIL. And for some reason the sound system wont work without it connected, even bypassing the amplifier entirley fails to work. Ah well, chalk up another cool set of parts I need...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)