AAArrggHHH ,gremlins,e34 525i touring help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
darkstarEuro is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
AAArrggHHH ,gremlins,e34 525i touring help

new to this forum, but not NEW. just bought a 525 touring e34 when the windows and locks worked.
Start of the story, i found leaky icv hose, the one that runs to the TB.installed new one along w/ gaskets etc....put in a new head unit for the stereo.
started it up and ofter about 20 seconds, the check engine and trans program light came on. turned it off, ran codes, got back code 1216, TPS. replaced it, started it up, ran ok. then same warnings. did this 3 or 4 times then finally the light went away.But only till i drove it a couple of blocks. it almost seems every time i shut the car off and restart it it goes a little longer w/ out the lights coming on. oh yeah and its still saying 1216 even after a battery unplug.

i did some research and found that there are a couple of possibles. transmission switch, cleaned it, now it changes the E to an M.drove it around for a bit, then the lights came back on, but only while driving, not in park, which also does this weird lope sometimes.

so ive come down to faulty wiring from the tps, or a faulty speed sensor, eegghh.help me befor i go through all that unneccesarily, can i test the speed sensor? also it seems like the trip and mileage is off. i went about 12 miles today and the car said 22??? telltale maybe.

Any help is appreciated.

Also the window and lock thing, is there a shared relay somewhere, or actually when i hooked up the stereo there where 3 wires i couldnt trace, 2 thin white w/ brown strippes and a blue w/ brown stripe w/grn dots. are the wt/br grounds for them? the sunroof is also stuck front in vent, rear lowered slightly. ive read comfort relay? where is this?or even the pinch feature?

god so much, but a 112,xxx mi, 93 525it for 1100 bucks, cant beat it w/ a stick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
really?? no help?!?! thats why Benz is GOD.

so, im pretty sure im done w/ beemers. last one except for my 2002.

Ive just noticed that as long as your thread pertains to how cool your bmw is, or atleast how cool you are because of what kind you drive youll get a million replys in an hour.But a repair help thread is left empty for days.

The mercedes forum is without a doubt so much further up the echelon ranks.
I have in depth, technician advice. Not to mention its all intelligent design, not wannabe's, w/ retarded wiring loops and unnecessary and overcomplicated parts and function.

Im fed up, my 78 benz had a trans problem too, i posted on the forum and had it fixed the next day. the repair consisted of removing a plug, intalling a spring, and popping in the new modulator.Beemer thought they were smarter so they have a shift brain????? how unnecessary is that.?!

so have at it you fools.wrestle w/ the nonsense these east germans decide is clever.ha.just so you can post pics of your "ride", so every one will know how cool you are when your crap is sitting in the drive way, and im drivin by in my old black benz, w/ the one finger salute.

im just glad the nazis were mostly east germans cause if it was benz in charge we would all be goose steppin right now.

and of course since this is harming your fragile ego, ill get a million replys......funny huh.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
Don't assume no replies means no one cares. Members here tend not to reply with answers that don't help. If someone knows, they will reply. It seems your Merc issue was a simple one; hence you got a quick reply. Your 525i has some much more complex issues (yeah, I read it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarEuro View Post
so, not really frustrated w/ the members per se. more beemers i general. i tend to rant aimlessly.dont let it rub ya wrong.The trans issue is poor design, thats all im saying, yet to be determined the level of repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Prof View Post
I read your 525 post too.

I know a lot about bimmers, but had nothing productive to add.

Would you like me to post without anything helpful to say?

Your post was grammatically incorrect, confusing, and about an electrical problem that can't easily be diagnosed remotely. How can you really expect us to help with something like that to work with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybayonne View Post
I agree with Teh Prof....I have just read your 525i post too, sometimes you start a thread hoping that there will be some hope & help in correcting your repair.....I know 1st hand, that if your problem is not a common issue with that specific year & model...that then sometimes your repair issue might go unanswered...... then sometimes you might be left to figure it out on your own... The first thing I purchased for my "CAR" was the Bentley Service Manual......I consider this my "GODSEND", one of the smartest & most practical purchases I've made for my "CAR", it paid for itself after I made my 1st repair....

BMW Service Manual 5 Series E34 1989-1995 Bentley

johnny,
Quote:
i do apologize for the random assortment of thoughts involved w/ my post, iwas about the forth post on as many sites that evening. Tired from, you know, Working, with my hands.how confusing can it be?
ran poorly in park,
ran codes, replaced tps.
same code,
runs poorly while moving, not in park.
trip meter reads incorrectly.
windows and locks stopped working at same time.

And as for the grammatical errors. Not a spelling bee, and i do have to cater to the dwindling IQ of the populous.As per your perfect example.thanks for the assistance.

And yes, a reply something to the nature of; your problem is electrical and hard to diagnose remotely would have been appreciated.
Quote:
yeah, the bible is in the mail, but the wife wont wait.
But the response is impressive.
Already more than my problem posts on all the Beemer forums combined.
Still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz View Post
Sorry. Mail us a complaint and I'll personally refund all the fees you paid bimmerwerkz for technical advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybayonne View Post
^^

johnny,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
again many of us have read your post but there are about 5 or 6 super experts here that reply to many adds per week (a couple have replied above), if anyone here could have given you some information they would have. I'm not an expert and had nothing to add that would help you
Okay. I've merged both threads and removed all the non-technical posts (quoted in this single post)

If anyone can help, please provide any input you may have. Let's limit the posting to technical information from this point forward, please.

To the OP, good luck. Sorry we haven't been able to be of more help.

#4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
again i do apologize for any personal offense taken, i vent frustration colorfully.My problems lie in my ability to not listen to that little voice that says, no more beemers, the driving experience is thrilling, but there are the random fires,3 out of 7.crippling wire issues, and generally irritating design over complications. I thank you for atleast replying to this, still not any worse off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)