BMW Werkz banner

97 528i won't shift gears.

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  iReef 
#1 ·
Well this stupid car broke down on me while I was at school I'm trying to leave I put the car in reverse to back out of the parking spot and then soon as I try to put into drive BOOOM the gear shift goes loose it was pretty tough trying to move it before the shift went loose so, now its stuck in Neutral I can't shift to park drive or anything it shows on the lights that it does but it won't change the gears on the on the board just keeps show N >_> so I get the car told and the guy tells me the linkage cable is off he showed me under the car and I saw the cable, but he says it could just be a pin or something else needed.

so what I want to know is how much it might cost to get this fixed because this was my sisters car.....she just bought from an auction she is gonna be plenty pissed and I hope to god my financial aid is not about to be gone in a split second. I was told its a common problem on cars but bmws are so complicated I have to go through so much just get my low beam working on my 750 its crazy. so any help would be appreciated.

Also this car just came back from the shop I was thinking since the tranny was replaced maybe the mechanic didn't do a good job with replacing it? I hope so.

OOH the parking brake is up but it still moves any idea whats wrong maybe the sensors are sensing?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.