92' 535i waterpump? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:45 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
monjesse is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Red face 92' 535i waterpump?

A month or so back my car overheated on me, started steaming/smoking out of the hood on the way home. and before i could get it pulled over to a safe spot, it popped and sent steam/smoke billowing out of all my vents into the cab, leaving me stranded in the middle of a busy intersection. luckily with the help of a nice man i quickly got it out of traffic to a safe spot, and latter home. After inspecting to the best of my knowledge, I replaced a belt that had broke, and refilled the antifreeze and what not, but when i take it for a drive it is steaming out of all interior vents and , leaking a lot antifreeze. After talking with a few people,(nobody with much knowledge of bmws) the sounds of it is that my water pump, and possibly heater core maybe? need replaced? .......My question is, does this sound right? and if so is this project worth undertaking? I don't have money to take the car to a mechanic, and I'm not that mechanically savvy, the biggest project I've really undertook was changing an alternator. The car isn't in the best shape, the is a bit of cosmetic damage. Should i try to fix this or just see what i can get out of it off craigslist and start new???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 11:22 PM
5th Gear Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Talking

i can only deduce the problem as best as you describe...

streaming out of vents is definitely a heater core problem.

U don't have the funds to repair... you can always bypass the heater core. follow the coolant hosesthat lead to the firewall, there will be two of them approximately 1/2" or 5/8" in diameter. disconnect those at he firewall or where it is most convenient for you and jst block them off... or use a conduit pipe and connect them together. That will keep ur coolant from seeping into the heater core and onward to your vents.

* you can look at that as a temp fix or a diagnostic move. if it stops the stream coming out of ur vents.. then u know where the prob lies.... whether u wanna repair that before wintertime comes... that is up to you
#3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:29 PM
n00b

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cynthia_Lopez is on a distinguished road
BMW N62 V8 Coolant Pipe Repair Kit

Hello,

I am writing to tell you about a new BREAKTHROUGH method for repairing a leaking Coolant Transfer Pipe in the BMW N62 V8 engine block using the BimmerFix Stint. The N62 V8 is a popular BMW engine that was used from 2002 thru 2010, in such fabulous vehicles as the BMW 735i, 740i, 745i, 750i & Li, 645Ci, 650i, 540i, 545i, 550i, and the X5 SUV.

Located deep inside of this BMW N62 engine is a Coolant Transfer Pipe, which carries antifreeze from the Water Pump to cooling chambers within the engine. However, the Front Seal on this Cooling Tube can fail in as little as 40,000 miles, and start leaking antifreeze from the engine block, through a weep hole in the Timing Chain Cover. When this happens, the car will lose antifreeze from the engine, and the engine will overheat.

In the past, this has been a very expensive repair because it required disassembly of the engine, in order to access the leaking Cooling Pipe Seal. The original method of replacing the crossover Coolant Transfer Pipe required the removal of the Timing Chain Cover. This repair could cost $6,000 or more at the BMW Dealer.

Then, an after-market Collapsible Coolant Pipe was developed to save time and money on this repair. This Collapsible Coolant Pipe method involves removing the Intake Manifold, cutting out the old Coolant Pipe and installing the after-market Collapsible Coolant Pipe. But even this method required many hours of shop labor and expensive parts and supplies. The repair bill for this method can still cost between $1,500.00 and $2,500.00 to remove the Intake Manifold, cut out the old Coolant Pipe and install the new Collapsible Coolant Pipe.

However, BimmerFix Products Co. has discovered a BREAKTHROUGH system to stop the leak! The BimmerFix method is much faster and less expensive than these old methods. This simple, yet durable and long lasting method inserts the BimmerFix Stint into the leaking crossover cooling tube, through the Timing Chain Cover. The thin aluminum sleeve creates a long lasting repair that is much easier and less expensive to install than the old repair methods.

The new BimmerFix Stint will stop the Coolant Pipe leak, and only requires the removal of the Water Pump. This new patent protected invention can save YOU or your customer’s time, hassle, and thousands of dollars. It works or your money back!

Save time and money! Take a look at Bimmerfix Products Company - Bmw N62 V8 Coolant Transfer Pipe Repair Kit For Bmw 545i 550i 645ci 650i 745i 750i X5 And More By.

Watch The Video! You will be glad you did! BMW N62 V-8 Cooling Pipe Repair System by BimmerFix. For BMW 745i, 645ci, 545i, X5 & more. - YouTube

Thanks for your time!

BimmerFix Products Co.

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)