BMW Werkz banner

92 525i Transmission Trouble

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  billB 
#1 ·
I recently bought this 92 525i and it's a great car, but once in a while when I stop at a stopsign and go again, the car will rev up for a second and then bang into gear. I changed the fluid and filter, but that didn't help The trans performs perfectly other than this, I'm afraid to go to a transmission shop, they all want to rape you on a rebuild when that may not be what it needs. The car has 91K on it and has been well maintained. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
C21no1: The trans performs perfectly other than this, I'm afraid to go to a transmission shop,

Is it possible to have the driveshaft checked: Universal joints and the flex. disk aka Guibos which is a rubber disk and known to go south on BMWs.

Good luck

billb

#4 ·
Originally posted by c21no1@Nov 4 2004, 11:59 PM
How can I tell if that is the problem? Will I be able to visually see it?
[snapback]224627[/snapback]​
Most of the driveshaft is covered by sheet metals which runs in between the exhuast and the shaft. I would take in for a lift. For testing? engine running/engage D while holding brakes reengage R then N toD; P to D any noise?banging differential?
good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.