BMW Werkz banner

88 528e Belt Squeeling

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hakos3d 
#1 ·
My belt squeels when the lights are on, so probally the alternator sucks or is going bad, either way it looks like shit cuz its the origonal. If I go out to buy a new alternator what should I get, I kind of want something with plenty amps cuz I want a new sound system

#5 ·
I bought a 115A aftermarket alternator when I didn't know much about my car. Ever since I've been working on my car. I installed a new sound system with PPI amp, 2 6x9" rear speakers (!) and orion 4x6" front speakers, and a 200W Rms Infinity Subwoofer. The system works just excellent. But be sure of: having at least a 90Amp Bosch alt (which is good), have at least 1F Cap, and make sure your grounding for the amp and cap is good. I mean real good. I only drilled a hole and screwed the 4G Power Cable's connector directly. But the amp would lose power and turn off for a second or two. I then scraped the surrounding of the hole that I connected the power cable's connector to elimininate the thin coat of the metal which kind of acts like an electrical insulation. Now the sound system is worked perfectly... Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.