BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/)
-   5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-series-e12-e28-e34-e39/)
-   -   No Heat 06 525xi automatic (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-series-e12-e28-e34-e39/no-heat-06-525xi-automatic-77048.html)

undacovalova 01-02-2013 02:59 PM

No Heat 06 525xi automatic

Hi guys, im still stuck with this no heat issue in my 06 525xi automatic, but i think i have narrowed it down to the point of it being beyond my knowledge,LOL. I removed the water valve tested it and it works, i also bypassed it still no difference,further i back flushed the core, so i know its fine, or think rather. Lastly i know the aux pump works because when doing the bleed procedure you can hear it pushing the coolant around. So, what i have narrowed it down to is that there is no hot coolant getting to the heater valve, or heater core. I let the car warm right up where the fan begins spinning, and held the in hose to the water valve, and the out hose from the heater core, and there both cold. I can pinch them with my hand no problem. My car was in an accident and radiator along with hoses ect were replaced. But the car doesnt overheat.. :S? Im completely stumped... i know there is coolant getting to the valve but its not getting pushed enough or something, maybe a hose was put on wrong. Feeling the in hose to the water valve it gets gradually warmer towards the upper rad hose, but as u move closer to the valve it gets cold. I really need to fix this just hurts to see this car sitting here now.

westin 01-10-2013 06:28 PM

so both rad hoses get nice and hot,system properly blead,hot coolant comming ou the aux pump,or there is no hot coolant going into the pump.

undacovalova 01-10-2013 06:38 PM

there is only one pump no? and if there is only one pump i would assume its working fine because the car doesnt overheat.. or atleast i dont get no warnings.. I have done the electric bleed process once. and i havent checked to see both hoses are same temp but i mean.. The car doesnt overheat so that shouldnt be a problem should it?

westin 01-10-2013 06:56 PM

cant say about your car most of the older one the was a auxilary electric pump to push coolant to the heater,at least the last 2 generations had it, im not familiar with your that much,thats right electric water pump iwas confused.you not getting coolant to the valve ,is it a straight conection to a coolnt source

undacovalova 01-10-2013 08:49 PM

yup off the upper rad hose.. is the supply

westin 01-10-2013 10:13 PM

i wanna say you got bad flow man either low coolant or the system is stiil air bound, i mean unless the people who did the work dropped something in and there is a restrtriction but unlikely. you get coolant to the upper hose but it doesnt make it to the valve its weird on top of that im not familiar with the car that much so its kinda hard , ill look the system and ill get back at you.

undacovalova 01-10-2013 10:39 PM

please do will be much appreciated.. i tried to pull it up but i couldnt sadly

westin 01-11-2013 06:54 PM

i tried to get a diagram with all the componemts and hoses atached,i did get some what of an idea looking at the seperate diagrams,so the the upper hose has a smal hose the branches off it that goes to the water valve then in the heater if i got right,if thats the case and you said the valve works you should be getting heat.

undacovalova 01-11-2013 07:28 PM

yeh ive been looking for a diagram of all the hoses and where they go.. to see if there is two lines in wrong spots.

westin 01-12-2013 07:35 PM

sorry man im stuck ,kinda hard to diag

Lord Vader 01-12-2013 10:20 PM

undacovalova 01-12-2013 10:25 PM

ive seen that before but it doesnt tell u exactly what goes to what its to vague..

Lord Vader 01-16-2013 10:51 AM

Its better then nothing. Neither Mercedes or Audi have the part diagrams like BMW does.