BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/)
-   5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-series-e12-e28-e34-e39/)
-   -   ok new to bmw's (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-series-e12-e28-e34-e39/ok-new-bmws-76180.html)

mr2guy94 06-11-2012 11:06 AM

ok new to bmw's

i just bought a e39 99 528i but has a lot of issues

first i just posted the most important on light not working right.

second is sunroof rails are broke ( ordered rebuild kit )

third drivers side door handle cable broke ( ordered new one already just waiting for it )

fourth is stock radio is broke ( ordered new mount to put a after market one in just waiting for it too )

fifth is body was wrecked front fender, bumper, divers side rear door dent, and hail damage. going to order a m5 bumper and gtr hood new fender and have a friend thats a body guy and has 2 trucks that a mag. worthy.

ill post picks later

i am not a fan of tan bu the wife is so tint is a must other then that the car runs and drives striaght with lots of power for a 2.8 interior also need some love but want all black so looking for a wrecked car

called around and was tool that a 525i and 528i are not interchangeable by the savage yard with one that has all black with carbon trim he will sell me the whole car for about as much as i paid for mine ( $2k ) any info would be great or sites that have parts for a good price. thanks for reading

Puppeli 02-17-2013 08:38 AM

I am reading and painting a picture of your car. We all love our cars and love spending lot of money to make them perform and look good. I would culculate the price of parts and labour, the second car that you are thinking of getting for parts and the price that you would get for your car. I'll bet you come to a price that would get you a nice 540i with lot of the things already done that you are planing. I have a e39 and know how much they cost to repair when things start to fall apart.

Lord Vader 02-17-2013 07:06 PM

Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.

Always shitty to have to pour money and work into a car you just bought. The guy at the junkyard was wrong to an extend. The body is identical. Most but not all engine parts are the same. Suspension is the same.

mikemellowz 02-20-2013 07:26 AM

Hi,
If you are still having problems, then why don't you take your car to a good garage shop. I take my car to European Auto Tech, they have the best mechanic and they also are experts in their fields. You can contact them at BMW Repair Dallas | BMW Service Dallas | European Auto Tech

IsabelleCovillon 02-21-2013 12:26 AM

why dont you look up to advanceautoparts.com its amazing site to visit for shopping vehicles accesories at remarkable price ranges