BMW Werkz banner

540i sport newbie...top 3 mods!!!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  warp1 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Newbie here. Great website! Anyone have any recommendations on upgrades for the 540? I've read the tips section on the newbie but wanted some feedback from you guys. What would you start with, top 3 choices. Thanks.

If I can figure how to post my auto maybe someone can tell me what type of front end I have.

98 540i Sport 22K, 19" Staggered WHEELS, M5 front end (i think), clear corners

#3 ·
Greetings................At the end of the day it all comes down to how large your bank account is !!
I would fit angel eyes and clear rear lites,get hold of some M5 wheels or similar if you can,fit M5 front and rear sway bars,perhaps some stuff from DINAN like a cold air etc etc..........the list is endless........don't forget your valentine detector also !
your car looks great.

SILVERLEA.

#6 ·
How about three BMW CCA driver schools? It won't impress your friends as much, but it'll impress you more! :driving On top of that, long after your 5er and any added bling is gone, you'll still be better than they are ...

#7 ·
top 3 things:

1. performance driving school
2. M5 rear sway bar
3. suspension (i.e. coilovers or springs/struts)

many more. whats your price range? do you want to go fast or look good? straight line? twisties? welcome to the family :)

#8 ·
Have had a bit of schooling (real world), we run in an auto-x down here and it's pretty cool to whip the a$$ around and try to keep from hitting cones. I haven't tried the 540 yet, I'm guessing it'll be a little more difficult then the R/T. Any rate, I've checked the car oven and getting a feel for what mods it has. I know it has these: 1. m steering wheel, 2. 19" Staggard wheels(i didn't see them in the "bmw wheel index")(I get a little rub when I take corners @70). 3. RD Sports front spoiler 4. M grill 5. coil over front and bagged rears (maybe this is normal) 6. M5 trunk lip 7.viper remote start/windows/roof and that's just about it, as far as I can tell. I'll get the Dinan CA relo to bumper kit, maybe some Brembo's, supersprint, 6 disc mp3/dvd lcd for kids, the m5 rear bumper looks a little aggresive for my conservative taste but no cost on the exhaust with a buddy that owns a muffler shop and of coarse "Angeleyes." Also, a few door dings to get fixed.

#11 ·
Originally posted by nshape8@Jul 22 2004, 05:15 PM
Have had a bit of schooling (real world), we run in an auto-x down here and it's pretty cool to whip the a$$ around and try to keep from hitting cones.
'Real world' hardly counts. I had plenty of that before I got into BMW CCA schools. I've also done over a decade of autocross including some championships. None of this is the equivalent of even your *first* driving school. If you have to drop something off your list to make it fit, lose the 'Angel Eyes' (cool, to be sure, but pure posing nonetheless) and get through a couple of schools. Trust me; I *was* you and now I'm a 'CCA instructor. There *is* a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.