BMW Werkz banner

535i E39 issues.

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stueblue 
#1 ·
Hi, i was wondering is anybody can help as i have a couple of issues with my car???? it is a 535i sport on a 200 X plate, i have only had the car 4 months..

I have the engine managment light on and i have had it tested and it says Lambda sensor on bank 2 before CAT. I had this sensor changed and then about a week later the light has come back on showing the same error again??

Also, when driving at a constant speed and constant throttle the engne revs drop about 100 revs and you feel the car obviously slightly hesitate?? the car can also somtimes cut out when i come to a stop or even if i slow down to a very slow speed?? it is an auto.. i have had the car serviced and the plugs changed but this had no effect??

would appreciate any help as it is starting to get quite annoying now.

many thanks Zak.

#3 ·
low speed cut out 535i

Hi, been experiecing the same problem, I think it could be linked to the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor), I'm looking at cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner (instruction vid on U tube) as they're expensive to replace.
I'll keep you updated as to how I get on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.