BMW Werkz banner

523i And The Warning Light Stays On

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BeelZibub 
#1 ·
I have a S reg 523i and the warning light for the offside rear lights stays on.

I have checked all the bulbs and all are working. I have transfered all the ulbs I can, brake, fog, reversing and stop. (The car has the lights form a 2001 model so I can not swap the LEDs although I have had the car 3 yaers and I have had no problem)

Has anyone any suggestions?

I am sure one of you out there will help me,

I will be going out tomorrow and getting a new set of bulbs, but I am not sure that this will help as I have mentioned before all work and I have swapped them from the near side ones.

Thanks in advance

By the way I ahev disconnected the battery to try and reset the system but this did not help

#2 ·
Originally posted by DuncanThomas@Nov 5 2004, 10:15 PM
I have a S reg 523i and the warning light for the offside rear lights stays on.

I have checked all the bulbs and all are working. I have transfered all the ulbs I can, brake, fog, reversing and stop. (The car has the lights form a 2001 model so I can not swap the LEDs although I have had the car 3 yaers and I have had no problem)

Has anyone any suggestions?

I am sure one of you out there will help me,

I will be going out tomorrow and getting a new set of bulbs, but I am not sure that this will help as I have mentioned before all work and I have swapped them from the near side ones.

Thanks in advance

By the way I ahev disconnected the battery to try and reset the system but this did not help
[snapback]225282[/snapback]​
Now this is from memory only - From what I remember the celis lights need a new relay to be fitted to allow them to work on the pre 2000 cars, I think most people fit this in the spare wheel well somewhere (But I can't guarantee this location - people will fit them where they like). If changing all the bulbs hasn't turned the warning light off it's worth while checking these relays.

Hope you get her sorted.

BLZ :devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.