BMW Werkz banner

523i passenger door won't unlock!!

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AC SCHNITZER 523I 
#1 ·
Hi,

The front passenger door on my e39 523i will not unlock, what can i do it's locked shut.

It was locked when i used the key fob, all other doors/ boot/ fuel flap open no prob, there is no key lock on the passenger door, i tried locking and unlocking using the key in the drivers door and repeatedly using the key fob, still it stays locked.

When i pull the inside door handle the pin comes up but goes back down.

Can anyone help, has anyone had this problem?

#2 ·
Lift the outside handle, get WD40 with the red straw attached and try and get it inside the door towards the lock and give it a mega spray around, also get someone to hold the handle up on the outside while you try and unlock it.

I would say its the actuator at fault, if all else fails the door card has to come off and a new actuator fitted, but try the above first, if you do manage to open it from the above method , you will need to remove the actuator which is a black plastic box on top of the door lock inside the door, take it apart and fill it with silicone grease, plug it back it to the wiring block and test prior to putting back in the door if it does'nt work then you will require a new one as its fried.

#4 ·
Ok this is getting wierd, went out to the car this morning to take my daughter to school got in the car as usal with wife climbing over my seat to get in, and daughter pointed out that mummys door was unlocked, and yep it was.

I've locked and unlocked it several times using the key and the fob, worked fine everytime.

Think i'm still going to pull the door card off and check and grease all the lock parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.