BMW Werkz banner

2002 5301 can't tlak to the DME

911 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dirty_Tool 
#1 ·
Hi everybody! I have a 2002 530I. I replaced two xenon bulbs and one ballast. After that I am experiencing electrical problems-coincidental? I don't know! The lights work. I even diconnected the lights totally. The damage has been done. Here's the deal:
If I turn the key on without starting the car, everything works like normal. Once I start the engine, the steering wheel controls don't work, the radio doesn't respond to any button being pressed including the power button, the reverse lights don't work, the blinkers in the dash don't flash (but outside they flash) and once in a while, I will see "engine failsafe prog" in the dash-not all the time. Now, remember, if I shut the car and wait a few minutes and turn the key on without starting the car, everything works fine.:confused:
One more thing, I brought it to the BMW dealership. They cannot talk to any of the computers through the OBDII. They say the IBUS looks like it is down??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.