BMW Werkz banner

2005 5-Series

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cassidym 
#1 ·
According to salesmen from two different BMW dealerships, the 2005 5-Series will be essentially the same as the 2004. No surprise there but next year's 5er will offer Active Steering as an option. IOW, you don't have to buy the entire Sports Package to get it. Apparently the marketing geniuses at BMWNA got tired of the tons of complaints they were getting over this issue. Both salesmen seem to think you'll be able to even get the 545I MT without the sports package.

Other changes:

- Lumbar support will be standard

- Ditto Parking Assist at least in the 530 and 545

- Although neither mentioned it, hopefully BMW will be delivering the 2005 with most of the software bugs correcetd.

Since my dramatically aging 1986 325eS had a near death experience the other day, I'll be getting one of these.

#2 ·
wow... jumping from an 86 3 series to a 05 5 series is quite a jump
you mustve been saving up for some time

#3 ·
I suppose I'm the car industry's biggest nightmare. I shop very carefully for what I want then hold on to it forever. And, in the case of my '86, it's has lasted very well. 226, 000 miles and I'm on my second clutch and third set of brakes. I've replaced the air conditioning system once. Ditto the shocks.

But, it had a near death experience the other day, blowing the water pump on the way to work. The mechanic told me that would be $500 but to fix all that was wrong would be around $3000. That got my attention not to mention a whole lot of very pointed advice from my wife. So November ought to find me in Munich picking up a new 545I six-speed.

I picked up my '86 in Munich and was very pleased with the service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.