BMW Werkz banner

2004 530i

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FCPGroton 
#1 ·
Gidday from Australia everyone and a happy new year to you all, we have a small issue with our 2004 530i windscreen washers , they stopped working a couple of weeks ago and before we send the car to the local bmw dealer ($200 per hour) it would like to have a go at fixing them myself, i have checked the fluid level , made sure the jets are not blocked and i can hear the motor whinning away when in use , the best we get is a very small dribble from the drivers side jet . has anyone had a simlar issue and if so could you help me with some repair advise, also the location and how to access the fluid bottle. thanks heaps if you can help , Kevin Hodge , Sydney Australia

#2 ·
Firstly not sure of location of bottle, you can check it out here:

RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog

As for the washers not spraying, there must be some crap in the system, remove the pipe from the underside of the hood and the see if you get a flow, if yes its jets that have the crap in ( remove and clean), if not try blowing back down the pipe, also check pipe for any breaks, then try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.