BMW Werkz banner

2003 530i stereo

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  matt719 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm looking to upgrade the speakers on my 2003 BMW 530i. I'm sure you get these threads 30 times a day but i've looked into this in other peoples situations and it didn't clearify my situation. I don't want to replace the deck because i want it for the onboard computer functionality and steering wheel controls. I'd prefer not to replace the amps if it doesn't make a huge difference. So basically i want to replace all the speakers. I also have a 10" JBL sub w/ a box and amp from another car that i scraped that i would like to put in. I don't have much experience with stock decks, especially BMW ones. Can i hookup a powered sub to a stock deck?

I'm not really sure what DSP is and i don't know if i have it, but i know have 10 speakers with the stealth business CD player. Maybe someone could tell me if i have it based on this info? If it is relevant, i have the premium and cold weather packages but not the sport package.

Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.