BMW Werkz banner

2003 525i - not turning over

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  phattruk01 
#1 ·
Came home last night all fine - went out to start today and turning the key went fine, lights on and electrics working, but it did not click, or do anything - no starter whine, no nothing, but as I said, electrics working fine. Thinking there might be some preventative mechanism to keep from starting when battery low, put new battery in - nothing - tried both keys. All looks like it is ready to start, but nothing, not a click, not a whirr not anything, though the steering wheel sets and everything else seems okay.

Any ideas? Never a problem ever with this car starting right up...:(:(

#2 ·
i have the same problem with my '00 528i... there are 2 cables coming off the positive batt post. if t wiggle the smaller red wire the car will start with no problem. sometimes i the car will start all day with no problems. other times i'll have to try jiggling this wire every time. i removed the wire and cleaned the inside of the clamps but it's still an issue. does anyone know where the smaller red wire leads to and how its routed (i'm thinking to a relay for the starter) but is there anything else it feeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.